Distant (E)

Ethan has recently been spending a lot of time on tour, and doing other things related to his career as a YouTuber. It seems as if he doesn't have much time for you anymore.

You don't want to be in his way, and you're sick of him ignoring you and not paying any attention whatsoever to your relationship, so you decide it's best to end things between the two of you.

"Ethan?" "Yeah," he says not looking up from his bright phone screen. "Can we talk?" "One sec," he says as he quickly types something on his phone and then puts it away.

This is exactly what you're talking about.

"What's up?" "I-I can't do this anymore." "Do what?" he asks, clearly confused.

"This," you say referring to your relationship, "I can't deal with me always being your second choice, you never making any time for me, your career always taking over everything. I just can't do it anymore. I've put up with it for so long, telling myself that it's a one time thing when it really isn't. I've told myself that so many times, that I can't even count them. Ethan, I can't even begin to explain how many times you've said, 'Sorry I can't tonight' or 'I'm busy. Rain check?'. I'm sorry, but I just can't take it anymore and I think that it's time. You've just been so distant."

"Y/n," he whispers, on the verge of tears, "I-I can't- I didn't mean-" "I'm sorry Ethan, but it's over." You stand up and begin to walk out of the room, but he quickly stops you.

"Please." By now he's crying as he grabs your hand. "Just give me one more chance."

"Goodbye Ethan," you whisper as you leave his bedroom, hearing his sobs as you walk down the long hallway.

-

A/N:

BRb crYiNG