Babysitting (E)

"But I-" "Yes, honey, I know that you have a date tonight, but Aunt Julie needs you to watch the kids. You owe her, since you blew her off last time." "What about Ethan?" "Invite him over to babysit with you! I'm sure he won't mind." "Alright. I'll be at her house at 7." "Okay. Bye y/n," she says before hanging up.

You anxiously call Ethan and he picks up within the first 3 rings.

"Hey babe. You still on for tonight?" "Actually, there's been a change of plans. How do you feel about babysitting a 5 year old and a 3 month old?" "What time do I need to come over?" "6:45," you reply, smiling. You have such an amazing boyfriend. "See you then," he says and you giggle before hanging up.

-

"Hey kids!" Your aunt says as she opens the door with one arm, cradling a small baby girl in the other. "Hey Aunt Julie. This is my boyfriend, Ethan," you gesture to Ethan and he extends his arm.

"Nice to meet you." "It's so nice to finally meet you! Y/n talks about you all of the time!" You feel your cheeks heat up and Ethan grabs your hand as you follow Julie to the living room.

"Okay. I fed Braden already. If he gets hungry, there's fruit snacks, and animal crackers, in the pantry. His bedtime is 8:30, so just turn his night light on and shut the door and he should be fine. And Ava will probably get hungry in about an hour or so. Her formula is over there along with her bottle, which has the water in it already." "Okay." "And we should be back around 10 or so."

"Okay. Sounds good!" She hands Ava to you and calls Braden downstairs. You hear small footsteps thud on the stairs and you see Braden. He immediately runs up to you and hugs your legs. You smile as you put one hand on his head and ruffle his brown hair.

"Hey buddy," you say. "I missed you!" He replies and you smile down at him.

"Okay Braden! We'll be back. Be good for y/n and Ethan!" "Okay. Love you," he kisses her and then hugs his father. They leave, leaving Ethan and you alone with the kids.

-

About an hour later, Ethan tucked Braden in and he's currently cradling Ava in his arms.

"Hi babygirl. What are ya doing?" He coos and smiles at her. She smiles back at him and you hug him from behind.

"You know that you just became 10 times hotter?" He chuckles and turns around to face you, a smile still remaining on his face.

"You're gonna be an amazing father one day, Eth." "And you'll be an amazing mother," he replies, before kissing your temple.