Ticket (E)

You let out a long sigh as you roll your window down and watch in the mirror as the middle aged man approaches your car.

"Ma'am are you aware of how fast you were going?" he asks, bending down so that he was eye level with you. "No sir."

He rests his arm on your car door, where the rolled down window sits. "You were going 80 when the speed limit is 70." "Officer, I don't think that I-" "Ma'am please don't argue with the law." "Right, I'm sorry." He hands you the ticket and thanks you before going back to his squad car and quickly driving off.

You toss the ticket into the passenger seat and head down the street to your house scared of what Ethan would say.

-

"Ethan?" you yell as you shut the front door behind you. "I'm in my office, love!" You hear his faint voice coming from down the hall. You go to the kitchen and set your keys and your purse, which contained the ticket, on the bar.

You walk down the hallway to Ethan's office to see him working on his computer.

"Hi, princess." You smile as he stands up and approaches you, planting a soft kiss on your lips and resting his large hands on your waist.

"Hey. Can I.. uh.. talk to you?" you stutter as you fiddle with your wedding ring.

"Sure, what's up?"

"Well, on my way home,
I may or may not have gotten a ticket for speeding," you trail off and avoid any kind of eye contact with him.

"Y/n, we can't afford a ticket right now. We just got married, we just moved into this house together... My career is barely starting," his voice starts to increase in volume, scaring you a little since he rarely ever raises his voice at you.

You could now see the anger forming in his hazel brown eyes and he sighs as he runs his fingers through his freshly cut, brown, hair.

He grabs his car keys off of his messy desk and mumbles a quick goodbye before leaving you alone in the office. You plop down in his black desk chair and hear the front door slam shut, rattling the pictures on the wall.

A tear escapes your eye and you quickly wipe it away with your hand.

You know that it was a stupid mistake, and you swore that you weren't speeding, but it happened, and it's something that needed to be taken care of.

You also know that the two of you didn't have money just laying around that needed spending.

You pull your knees into your chest and hug them close to you, another tear escaping your eye and slowly slipping down your cheek.

After about ten minutes you finally get yourself together and you're sitting on the couch watching an episode of the bachelor.

You hear the front door open and close and then footsteps sound as they walk down the long hallway. Then, keys sounded as they were set on the bar. Ethan appeared in front of you and then he sits down on the couch.

"Love, I'm so sorry that I reacted the way I did. We all make mistakes and it was something that isn't a big deal. I'm sorry."

"It's okay Ethan. But why are you all of the sudden sorry and understanding?"

"Well, on my way home, I may or may not have gotten a ticket for speeding."

-

A/N

This is NOT my idea. AT ALL. My friend, mended_mendes , wrote this as a Shawn imagine!!