Chapter 66~ The End

Sarah's POV

With shaky hands I take the silver goblet from Professor Dumbeldore. He and Snape were standing anxiously in front of me, waiting for me to take the first sip.

A roar of footsteps sounded from behind me, and within seconds, Harry and Ron come running in. Ron quickly takes the goblet from me.

"Sarah, please, McGonagol just told me the effects of what's going to happen to you." he says, looking gravely at Dumbledore.

"What do you mean?" I ask, looking back from Ron to Dumbledore. He sighs and Snape gives Ron a deathstare.

"The way to get rid of the possession on you is in the potion." Harry says quickly.

"What?" I sqeak out.

"And it could kill you!" Ron yells, but Snape quickly stands in front of him.

"Mr. Weasley, would you rather she is tortured inside and out by the Dark Lord himself!" Snape snaps.

"Sir, I'd rather not she died!" he retorts back.

The four of them go back and forth for a little; Ron and Harry saying that there must be another way, and Snape and Dumbledore saying how this is no other way. I take a deep breath and look down into the cup.

From my reflection in the purple liquid, I can see how red my eyes are getting, and then suddenly I see Bellatrix's face in the cup too. That's when I know that this is the end.

I quickly gulp down the ice cold liquid, and instantly I feel fire under my skin. Bellatrix isn't going to give up easily; she wants me to suffer.

"Sarah NO!" Ron screams as I swallow another sip of the now hot liquid. He comes rushing over to me and knocks it from my hand and it tumbles to the floor.

I scream out in pain as the liquid trickles down my throat. An undescribable pain grows stronger under my skin, and my vision goes from black to the sight in front of me.

The pain subsides momentarily, just in time for me to hear Harry and Dumbledore going back and forth. Harry has to go somewhere with him; I think he said Horcrux hunting, but I cannot be sure, for hearing what others are doing is no concern to me.

My muscles tighten as more fire burns under my skin. Bellatrix's cackling laughter sounds off in my ears, but I can faintly hear Ron screaming my name. Sweat drips down my face and burns my eyes as the salt comes in contact with my blue eyes.

"Ron, please go." I choke out, doubling over onto my side to go into a coughing fit. Tears stream down my face as horrid images of my past at the Manor come flashing into my eyes.

"No, never. I'm not leaving-" Ron starts, hugging my body. But soon I feel the comforting weight of him leave me, and through teary eyes I see him being held up by Snape.

"Go, Weasley, because this is going to get ugly." he drags out. I shiver in fear at this. Ron fights to get loose of Snape's grip on him, but it is no use. Snape pulls him back farther until they are both standing up a few feet away from my shaking body.