Chapter 55

Ron's POV

I sat up in my bed at around 2am while staring at the ceiling. I just realized that I was a prat to Sarah on Christmas. Way to go Ron!

I sigh and look out the window to see the shadowy figure of someone walking towards the front door. I run out of my room and downstairs, to run right into George.

"Uh, hey George. Where's Fred?" I ask, trying not to see obvious.

Harry told me that at midnight Sarah left the house. She also didn't say where she was going, and since she can apparate, it could be anywhere. She could be in Romania with my brother Charlie right now for all we know.

"He's at Diagon Alley. Why?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, um, I just found it weird that you aren't with him. Y'know? You guys are never seperated." I lie.

"Well, he wanted some alone time with Sarah." he says, trying to walk past me. But I grab his arm to stop him.

"W-what do you mean some alone with Sarah?" I ask nervously.

"They're going out  now, mate." he says, walking past me.

He leaves my frozen self in the sitting room. My eyes are wide, and I can feel my face going pale. I swallow back slowly, and sit down on the sofa.

But why do I care so much? Right? I have a girlfriend. An amazing, cool, girlfriend.

Bloody hell, now I am even lying to myself. I mean, yeah, I like Lavender and all, but I don't feel about her like I do with Sarah.

I don't love Lavender, I love Sarah.

I am broken from my thoughts though when the door is suddenly opened.

And who walks in? Sarah and Fred, hand in hand, laughing.

"Fred, that is so not true. I am definatly not a ditzy blonde!" Sarah's angelic voice says through her laughter.

"Of course you are Sar. You tripped over a curb, then you mistook a Griffin for a Hippogriff!" Fred says back.

"No fair. By then I was buzzed out on about 3 Firewhiskeys." she says back, punching his shoulder.

"So then you are an acoholic?" he asks back, trying to sound serious.

"No! You encouraged me!" she says back.

"And that's why you love me." he says, kissing her cheek.

I yaw very loudly, pretending to just wake up.

"What time is it?" I ask, pretending to rub my eyes as I get up. "Sarah? Fred? Is that you?"

Sarah walks over to me, and Fred follows closely behind her.

"What are you doing down here?" she asks, sounding somewhat mad.

"I came down for something to drink and I was too lazy to go back upstairs." I lie.

"Mhmm." Sarah replies, walking past me and into the kitchen. Fred once again follows behind her, glaring at me as he walks by.

"Whatcha want Fred?" she asks, opening the fridge.

He hugs her from behind and puts his chin on her shoulder. She turns to look at him, and they both laugh.

"Oh! That!" Fred says, nearly pushing Sarah down and reaching into the fridge. He pulls out a chocolate cake and walks over towards the table, but Sarah takes the plate from him.

"No, its for Christmas." she says.

"But it is Christmas!" he pouts.

"Don't make me hit you." she says. He laughs and pulls her into a kiss.