Chapter 39

*Ron*

I feel weird. Like, very weird. I don't miss Sarah. At all. It's like we never dated.

Ever since we broke up, I have been...confused. I see her and my heart doesn't ache, it feels emotionless. Ugh, I don't know.

"Hey Gin." I say to my sister as I walk into the kitchen. She just glares at me, shakes her head, and looks away. "What's your bloody problem?" I ask, slightly offended.

"You are." she says bluntly.

"And why is that? It was Fred and George, I swear." I retort.

"Shut up." she snaps.

"What the bloody hell did I do!" I yell.

"Because you are an insensitive, jealous git, Sarah isn't coming over this summer." she yells. I look down. "You don't get it, do you Ron?" she pauses, then sighs before continuing. "Yeah sure, me and Hermione are good friends, but we aren't really that alike. Me and Sarah have become such good friends, she was like a sister to me."

I look back at her.

"But you messed it up." she says calmly, then walks off. I lean against the counter and take out my wand.

I take a deep breath, and hold my wand up in the air. "Expecto Patronum." I whisper. A shining white light emerges from the tip of my wand. It swirls around the kitchen before it finally turns into my patronus, a Jack Russel Terrier.

"Tell Sarah that I still want her to come to the Burrow." I say. It flies out through the window, and I go back upstairs.

I pass by Ginny's room, whos door is closed, and I can hear soft sobs through the door. I sigh, and continue into my room.

I sit down on my bed and stare up at the ceiling. The Burrow is especially boring without Harry around. He's coming sometime in early July, I think. Oh well.

Oh yeah, Fred and George are opening their shop soon. It's pretty much done now, they said that they still want to do some more stuff to it.

*

Another day gone, just like that. It's been 1 week since school ended, and I haven't done anything of interest. Hermione is coming tonight, and Ginny is happy about that. She still won't talk to me because of everything with Sarah.

"Ronald Weasley get down here!" Mum yells. I sigh and run downstairs. Hermione is standing there with her trunk and Crookshanks.

"Hey Ron!" she yells, pulling me into a hug. I hug her back and wait for her to break away.

"Hey 'Mione." I say.

Everyone says their hellos and quickly disperse into their rooms.

"So how have you been?" she asks sympathetically.

"Fine. Why?"

"You seem so unaffected by everything that happened."

"Because Hermione, I think I am." I say, shrugging.

"What?" she asks, curious now. I sigh.

"I don't think I like her anymore."

She clicks her tongue and pushes past me. Without turning around, she stops.

"Is she coming over this summer?"

I look down. Even though she's not looking at me, I feel as though I am being glared at. I sigh. "No."

She takes a breath and continues walking. She flicks her ivory wand at the mountain of her trunks and sends them upstairs. I walk into the sitting room and lay down on the couch. I begin to feel unusually tired, so I shut my eyes.

"Ronniekins!" two voices call. I don't open my eyes.

"What you two?" I ask, annoyed.

"We saw Sarah today." Fred says. My eyes shoot open.

I blink at them. "Where?" I ask sternly.

"She came to the shop Mate." George answers.

"Oh." I reply.

They look at eachother and smirk. When they look back at me they shake their heads.

No matter how guilty everyone wants me to feel, it's not going to work.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry guys I am seriously trying to write but high school is KILLING ME! I am writing short chapters now so I can get them out more often.

BTW I might not post this weekend as often bc I feel sick and I don't feel like moving. G2g now bc I can barely see the screen.