Chapter 57

*Hey Guys! Sorry for the wait..you know, school...Anyways, I'm going to try and do the next few chapters in Ron's POV because I haven't in a while. Hope you like!

Ron's POV

I walk into the Great Hall and the whispers continue. Rumors are spreading everywhere, but I don't know how true they are. I can't be sure about anything anymore. But what I do know is if the rumors are true, everything will change.

Everyone watches me as I cautiously walk down to the Gryffindor table. Many people give me sympathtic looks with every step I take.

I sit down next to Harry and across from Hermione. An awkward silence emerges from our group as we eat our breakfast.

"I wonder if he knows."

"What's he going to do?"

"But they look so cute together."

That's what I keep hearing all around me. I look over to where the whispers are coming from, and look to see Ginny and her freinds. They are all looking at me, but when I glance over there they all turn back around.

But are the rumors true?

I get my answer on cue right then. I turn towards the huge doors of the Great Hall and see Seamus and her, the most beautiful girl ever, Sarah Richards. They are walking hand in hand to the Gryffindor table.

Something builds up inside me. Anger, jealousy, regret. Regret. It's really funny though. I thought that me and Sarah would be better off just friends, but I was wrong.

I thought I would never be good enough for her. I thought I wouldn't be what she expected. Or what she wanted. I thought that I would never be able to protect her from anything that comes to her.

But I thought wrong. I know now that I just want to be with her.

"Ron?" Hermione asks, breaking me from my deep thought.

"Uh, what?" I ask, now coming back to my senses.

"It's ironic, isn't it? This is exactly how she felt yesterday." she says, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"What do you mean?"

"Regret." she replies, getting up and walking off. I look at the clock, it reads 8:30. So she's not going to classes, but to just get away from me.

I glance back over towards Sarah and Seamus. They are sitting with Dean and Neville, laughing and enjoying themselves. But I deserve to feel this way, because it is all my fault.

"C'mon mate, we should go." Harry says, pulling on my sleeve.

"Where?" I ask, getting up along with him.

"Anywhere but here." he says, walking off.

But something is different about him. He's clutching onto his potion book for his life. Like, it's the holy grail or something.

"Um, Harry. What is that." I say, grabbing the book.

"Nothing Ron!" he replies, grabbing it back. His voice echoes in the empty corridors of the East Wing, heading towards our Potion's class.

"Doesn't look like nothing. You're holding onto it for dear life." I reply, stopping him,

He sighs. "Fine. Look at the front cover, it says that is belongs to the Half Blood Prince. I don't know who it is, but it's filled with all of these notes." he says, flipping through the pages. Every page is covered in the perfect handwriting of this 'half blood prince.' "And it's the reason I am doing so well in Potions." he says, resuming his walk.