Chapter 45

Sarah's POV

I walked off the train and into the Great Hall. The feast will begin shortly, but there is still no sign of Harry.

"Hermione, where is my cousin?" I ask, taking a sip of my pumpkin juice.

"I don't know, I couldn't find him before." she replies, slightly concerned.

"Do you think he's hurt?" Ginny asks quickly, she is obviously concerned. Her boyfriend Dean Thomas wrps a protective arm around her, and pulls her close. She cries softly into his chest, but quickly returns to her calm self. Dean excuses himself from us, and goes over towards his best friend, Seamus Finnigan.

An obnoxious giggle erupts from behind me, and my I begin to get very anger. I clench my jaw closed, and grip my robes tighly under the table. Hermione reaches for my wand, and puts it in her pocket.

"Hermione, give me my wand, before it dissappears." I saw through clenched teeth.

"You can't be trusted." she says. I quickly grab it from her, and place it back securely in my pocket.

"May we sit here?" a bubbly voice asks.

"No." I say harshly.

"Okay, thank you." she says, and sits down.

I look over at Ginny, who is sitting across from me, and she is glaring at Ron. Her eyes then focus at the girl next to him, then she clicks her tongue. "You must be Lavender." she says, with a fake smile.

"Yep! Who're you?" Lavender asks, returning the fake smile.

"Ron's sister, Ginny." she finishes, saying bitterly. Lavender gives her another fake smile, then looks over at Ron. I turn my attention to him, and he is smiling mischeviously at me, like he is plotting some type of revenge.

"He's covered in blood again. Why is he always covered in blood?" Ginny asks randomly.

"What do you mean?" Hermione asks. She doesn't answer, she just looks over at the doors to the Great Hall. I follow her glance at see she is looking at Harry, who's nose is bleeding, and is occompained by Luna. She skips over to the Ravenclaw table, leaving Harry to walk over to us.

"Oh my god, Harry, what happened?" I ask, taking the bloody towel he has against his nose.

"I'll explain later, and looks like Slughorn is here." he says, gesturing to Horace Slughorn, who is sitting at the teacher's platform.

Harry was taken from Little Whinging this summer by Dumbledore, who brought him to meet a man named Horace Slughorn, now Professor. Professor Slughorn has white hair that is in a comb-over type hairstyle. His blue eyes are twinkling at all of the students, and he smiles warmly as he sits. He is wearing a suit with a bowtie, with a robe overtop. He reminds me of a grandfatherly type of man.

"Now students, please give a warm welcome to our new Potions teacher, Horace Slughorn." Dumbledore says, motioning to the man. Slughorn stands up, and gives a friendly nod to all of the students, who clap. "And our previous Potions teacher, Professor Snape, will be moving as our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." Dumbeldore says, motioning to Snape. Snape doesn't get up or react at all, just stares intently at everyone.

"Bloody hell, Snape is the DADA teacher?" Ron asks. Lavender giggles, and I glare at her.

"There goes my favorite subject.." Harry says, trying to break an awkward silence.

We finish our feast soon, and then we all scurry out. I walk by myself to the Common Room, and have Ginny and Hermione calling for me the whole way.