Science Partners| Gene x Reader (Mystreet)

Request: @lolzimcool

Sorry this took so long to get out! I forgot I had this in my drafts...

Info: You're a junior in high school. Don't have many friends, but your mom is your best friend and you play a lot of instruments.

>Your Pov>

Casual day, I didn't really talk to anyone. I just seemed really weird to people. I wasn't good at social interaction. Kids made fun of me for this. Mainly a group of people but it's just-

Casual stuff.

  I'm really quirky, flirty and fun- atleast what my mom says.

I closed my locker and headed to my last period. I fastened my bag on my shoulders and headed to science. We were starting a new unit today, which meant new lab partners. Since there was an odd number of students in class, I usually just worked alone.

I sat in my assigned seat in the back of the room by myself since I was the odd numbered one.

"Alright class," Mr.Clemens said as everyone took their seats, "New unit so new partners!" He said clapping his hands together. "Once again, you may choose your partners. This unit will last the entire month, so choose wisely!" He said dismissing us to find a partner.

I sat there by myself as usual. I just started doodling on my paper. I looked up to see some people looking at me, seeming to be talking about me.

They were the Shadow Knights.

A few moments later, Gene, one of the Shadow Knights, came over to me. I just knew he was coming over to start trouble, so I just continued drawing on my paper and ignored him. Gene looked at what I was drawing and sort of nodded in approval.

"That's a really nice drawing." Gene complimented.

"Uhm.. Thanks.. But it's not that good." I said while looking at it.

"Nonsense. But anyways, care to be my partner? Zenix and Sasha are being all lovey dovey and it's getting on my nerves." He said while looking at the two across the room with a disgusted expression.

"That's not a good idea." I sort of laughed, "If you pair up with me, you'll either just make fun of me or be made fun of for being around me." I said going back to my doodle.

"Ah, that's right. You're that girl." He said realizing.

"What is that suppost to mean?" I said scrunching my face up to him at his remark.

"Oh- never mind. Well, anyways, you're going to be my partner." He said as he took a seat beside me.

After that I sat there silently. We didn't exchange any words at all as everyone scrambled to get a partner.

"Okay everyone," Our teacher said standing up from his desk, "I see you all have your partners. I've already written them down. So now I'm going to give the first lesson."

The teacher explained what our new science unit was and started the first lesson. While I was writing in my notes, I looked over to Gene. He was on his phone under the table. He wasn't even taking notes or paying attention!

"Hey!" I whisper-yelled to him, "You should really be taking notes! This will be on our final!"

"I can take notes later- or just get the info online. It doesn't matter." Gene said shrugging.