Saddness to Comfort|Laurance x Reader (MCD)

Your POV

I ran.

Out of my apartment,

Sobbing mess,

I couldn't take it.

Ever since my boyfriend, Zane, had randomly died in a car crash, Aaron also being involved, I was a mess.

I couldn't stay in this apartment anymore.

I ran down the street, my feet hitting the cold tile as I ran through the lobby. I had another nightmare.

This Is how it happened,

I had awoken and Zane was next to me, like nothing had happened at all.
Then he just smirked to me, "Just kidding love." As he disappeared.

I had woken in a cold sweat, instantly I packed all my things into a duffel bag. We didn't own many things at the fact that we had just moved Into the apartment. I grabbed a couple of Zane's shirts too. Then I ran.

Ran far,

Ran away.

I made sure to leave a note on the outside of the door for the land lady. But anyways, I didn't know where to go. We didn't have a car and my bike was in for repair. No way was there busses out at 3 AM. I was in Meteli and was a bit far from everyone else in Phoenix Drop.. Well, running can help stop tears I hope?

~

Laurance's POV~ 4 AM

I was peacefully asleep. Until some large knocking erupted on my apartment door. Who could possibly be here at 4 AM!? I opened the door and there stood ____. Tears coming from her cheeks.

"____? Why are you here so late at night? And why are you crying?" I said hazily as we stood at the door.

"C-Can I come i-in?" ____ asked shakily.

"Of course.." I said groggy, since I had just woken up.

I motioned for her to sit on the sofa and sat next to her. I looked down a little to see her face.

Blank.

Sad.

She just sat there. Tears staining her cheeks and she was breathing heavily as if she had just ran here. I noticed she had bags she dropped at the door as well. She wasn't making any eye contact either...

"Let me grab you a glass of water.." I said getting up and going into my small kitchen. As I was getting ice into the glass I texted Garroth if he had any idea what was going on.

L: Hey.. Are you up? If I woke you go back to bed.. Just have a question..

G: yeah I'm up, what you need?

L: ___ Just stopped by my apartment... She's a sobbing mess and she looks scared.. She had some bags with her. I think she ran to my apartment.. o.O

G: what? That's odd.. She say anything?

L: haven't asked her.. Just getting her a glass of water right now.

G: hm. I don't know, maybe it's Zane? This whole thing has been worse on her then my mom even.. This was a month ago but I know she still isn't over it. Ask her if she needs to talk about anything. Just try to make her feel better...

L: yeah I'll do that. Thanks for replying so fast too. Talk to you tomorrow.

G: yeah. See you later

I had finished getting the water and brought it out to her. She drank almost all of it in one swallow.

"Hey, what's up? Do you need to talk about anything?" I asked her putting a hand on her back.

"Y-yes.. I just... It's Zane.." She started, her voice still being shaky, "I keep having nightmares.. I can't stay in that apartment anymore. Everything reminds me of him... So I grabbed all my things and ran.." She said putting her head in her hands.

I pulled ____ into a hug. I know she really needs this right now.. "Let it all out.. It's okay.." I said to her as she sobbed into my shoulder.

We sat there for quite a while. Until she let go.

"I S-should get going.." She said standing up.

"You aren't going anywhere." I said grabbing her hand, "I don't trust you right now.. First of all, you seem in the mood where you'd hurt yourself and you have nowhere to go. You can stay here with me." She hesitated but finally stopped being tense.

"You can have my bed, I'll take the couch." I said standing up, to only be held on by the wrist.

"I-if it's not much to ask.. Do you mind if we share? I sleep better knowing I'm with somebody.." ____ said hesitantly.

"Oh.. Of course." I said going to my room and sat back down in the bed next to me.

Would you sleep better with somebody holding you? I don't mind if you would like me to." I asked her.

Her face turned a bright red as I asked her that, "U-hum.. Yes please.." ____ said slowly scooting over towards me more.

I laid down and wrapped my arm around ___'s waist. Her back was facing me and she seemed to not be so tense anymore. She finally relaxed and she drifted off to sleep very fast. I smiled and drifted off to sleep holding her. The small bond we hand now grew stronger. It felt great to be trusted.

And that was the night, I found the one I truly loved. But, It'll be awhile.

Woooo okay so like sorry these are all super cheesy. But cheesier the better ammiright?
Okay so thanks for 1.2k reads on this book, I appreciate the support!

And am I the only person that like, gets all excited and happy when people comment nice things on their stuff? Like small comments like "aww" or "that's adorable" honestly just make my day. ❤️ that's what pushes me to write more so I can see those comments.

I need to stop being sentimental.

Anyways it's just so cool having people read my oneshots as they come out, like its cool having people who look forward to me updating, If it's somebody I don't know.

Anyways thank you all my active lil' readers ❤️

~Katie ♑️