Chapter 43: It's You

Start from the beginning

These guys took this very seriously which is understandable but when they make eye contact with you it just feels uncomfortable.

"Pass on your orders." The guard commanded.
"Post and orders, remain as directed." The newly posted guard replies.
"Orders acknowledged" the new guard formally stepped into position on the black mat. When the relief commander passed by.

The new guard began walking again and the other two left.
" alright follow me." Jason said taking my hand and getting up. We went inside and he showed me around. It has all the information on the unknown soldiers and it was really cool.
" when did you start coming here?"

" well alex brought me when I was younger and that's when joesph was just started as a regular guard. And now he's the top notch guard. I haven't seen him in maybe 6-7 years I think." Jason said still holding my hand.
" wow that's just mind blowing."
I was honestly impressed, I never knew this about Jason.

" I always wanted to be in the 'U.S' Marines, but since I was a Canadian boy my father got me into the gang stuff with Alex instead of letting me try to get accepted." Jason whispered.
" Would You ever consider it now?" I asked.

" never."
" why?"
" just not for me."

We heard tapping on the floor in a hallway.
We looked over in the doorway.
The guard stood there and tapped his feet on the ground and saluted.
" Jason McCann." He said loudly but clearly.

Jason and I walked over.
" meet me down the hall." Joseph said pointing without looking.
" sir yes sir." Jason said leading me over there.
Joseph turned around and walked towards us tapping his feet until he got to a spot where he could walk normally.

" it's really you." Joseph said to Jason smiling.
" Long time sir." Jason held his hand out to shake Joseph's hand.
Joseph rejected and hugged him.
I stood back and smiled appreciating how emotional this must be for them.

" Listen, I'm so sorry I couldn't get out to you when your father passed, that was difficult since I was across seas. I'm proud of you though, you look like you got yourself together. Who is this." Joseph smiled at me.
" this would be my girlfriend Lauren Martinez, Lauren this is Joseph McCartney." Jason introduced me. I shook his hand.

" pleasure to meet you." I said politely.
" you too. Jason how about we go to my apartment or something and we can all catch up? I haven't had more than 5 hours off in months, but we got a new guy out there, what do you say?" Joseph asked.

Jason looked at me.
I nodded my head yes.
" yeah man. Just give me the address and I'll meet you there." Jason said getting his phone out.
" no phones allowed in here, here." Joseph pulled a pencil and paper out.

" alright meet you there." Jason turned around and held my hand.
We walked back into the exhibit room and back outside where the guard was walking back and forth.
" how long do they do this for?" I asked.
" 24 hours, everyday."
" oh my."

" wanna see JFK's grave?" Jason asked as we slowly walked through the pathway of bare trees and frosty grass.
" sure."
We walked over and I said a prayer then we left. When we got in the car Jason put the address in his phone and we were off.

"So you met him when you were younger with alex?"
" yes, I met him when I was 8 then everything happened and I haven't seen him since until today. He was close with my father, my father introduced him to Alex and Alex introduced him to me." Jason said while chewing his gum and driving.

" I would never guess out of everyone you wanted to introduce me to that it would be someone with the Medal of Honor." I laughed.
"I know everyone." Jason said cockily.
" I guess you do." I rolled my eyes.