Chapter 43: It's You

Songs for this chapter:
Waves~ Kanye
Good bye ~ Who Is Fancy
Juke jam ~ chance the rapper,Justin Bieber

Laurens pov:

" is all good then?" Jason asked as we stood in a kitchen.
" I think we are all great." Obama said.
" good." I smiled.
" we should be leaving then." Jason said taking my hand and walking pass them.

" thank you again Jason." Obama shook his hand.
" no problem." Jason slid his sunglasses on.

"How should we celebrate?" I asked Jason as we walked out the White House to his car being stared down by Secret Services.
" I actually have a good idea." Jason said getting in the car and starting it.

Before he backed up Sasha came running out.
" Wait!"
Jason stopped the car in panic.
" what?" He asked parking the car.
" I just wanted to say goodbye and thank you." She hugged Jason.

" Don't thank me, I usually don't do that kinda stuff, thank your father for getting ahold of me." Jason winked and put his car in reverse.
Sasha waved to me and I waved back.

I looked at Jason briefly.
He is a very hard person to get emotion out of sometimes. I don't know if it's just because he tried to act tough because he's the leader and everything but it's sorta annoying.

" where are we going?" I asked.
" I wanna see if my friend still works at this one place." Jason said driving in the city.
" where?"
" you're going to laugh." He said as he drove through a beautiful area with trees perfectly planted.

" I probably won't." I said leaning on the middle console.
" he works at the grave yard." Jason said opening the sun roof.
" that's a national graveyard, that's amazing." I said putting my hands in the sunroof to feel the breeze.
" it's January and not even cold here." Jason said.
" it's gets chilly right?"

" yeah but last year when they got like two inches of snow they closed down the whole city." Jason laughed.
" well they aren't used to it like we are." I laughed a bit.
" they literally closed the whole city." Jason was still laughing.

" wouldn't be the first time they closed for a stupid reason."
"Someone knows her politics." Jason winked.
" yeah I do."

"We are here." He entered through a gate, there were gate guards.
They directed us to a parking spot.
" alright let's go." Jason popped his gum and got out.

" Hello welcome to the Arlington National Cemetery, would you like a tour?" A lady came up to us and handed us maps.
" no thank you." I said.
" is Joesph McCarthey on duty?" Jason asked professionally.
" he's done in 15 minutes." The lady smiled.

" great thanks. Come on!" Jason grabbed my hand and ran out the door to the cemetery.
" who's that?" I Asked.
" my friend." We ran up a huge ass hill and I was out of breath. "Alright see that place up there?" Jason said pointing to a building.

" yeah what about it?" I asked confused.
I've never been here before, it's crazy how big it is.
" there are three unknown soldiers up there that are buried because they were found dead, and there is always a current soldier up there guarding the sight. My friend Joseph is one of the guards. They change every hour, it's 4:45 which means it's the last switch before the closing for today." Jason seemed intrigued.

"That's actually really cool." I said in shock.
" alright you have to be quiet." Jason said as he took my hand and we walked over to where we saw a guy formally marching back and forth guarding the three graves.
Another guard came out in a formal walk, I never took any ROTC classes so I'm
Not sure what the specific vocabulary for it would be.

" that's called the relief commander." Jason whispered in my ear. The relief commander walked out to the Tomb and salutes, then faced us asking us to stand and stay silent during the ceremony.
The relief commander then checked the gun, and made sure it was clean I guess?? Another guy came formally walking and they all saluted.
" They have all been awarded the Medal of Honor." Jason whispered again. I nodded my head to let him know I heard him.