Tryna rewind 'til we're back where we started
Yeah that's all I want
Night after night after night I'm still haunted
I'm haunted baby
I'm haunted by

Kurt made sure to hit the high notes this time on each 'you' as he sang. If he got a little choked up, he'd just put it in the song which made tears spring in his eyes hard so the crowd was blurry to him but to the crowd, they saw a man who was losing himself in the song. The New Directions and Blaine could tell too as they watched Kurt from the sidelines.

You, you, fall asleep and dream of
You, you, late at night I scream for
You, you, waiting on a deja-vu
But until then
I live with Hallucinations
Fall asleep and dream of you, you
They're just hallucinations

Kurt shook his head because to him, his occasional dreams about Katie was no hallucinations and he never wanted them to be. He wanted them to be a possibility. A reality. An inevitable reality.

Late at night I scream for you, you
I'll just hallucinate
Waiting on a deja-vu
Cause you're not here
Hallucinations

The crowd went wild and stood as Kurt finished the note including Burt, Carole, Jack, Ben, Lyla, Lisa, Cooper, Darren, the Berrys and the New Directions. Kurt, cheeks shiny with tears, bowed and went to join his friends. He smiled at them and turned to hug Blaine tight who also had tears on his cheeks. Kurt squeezed his eyes shut and the two stayed like that until they had to get back onstage as everyone else went out to do I lived (The Caleb and Kelsey version). When they finished their song, Kurt and Blaine came out from different wings of the stage when Incredible by Celine Dion and NeYo played. Two spotlights followed the boys.

(Kurt):
Whole world is watching us now
It's a little intimidating
Since there's no way to come down
Lets give them something amazing

(Blaine):
Lets make them remember
Using one word

(Kurt and Blaine):
Incredible oh oh oh ohhh
Lets make them remember
We were incredible
Simply incredible
Oh oh oh ohhh

Blaine and Kurt walked towards each other and changed sides, giving a quick wink before Blaine faced the crowd and sang. He remembered the way the bullies treated him, treated Kurt, treated them and how through all of the crap whether it started fights with each other or not, they were still here.

(Blaine):
We even counted us out
We weren't sure we'd make it
But we've learned no matter what they dish out
It's nothing, we can take it

Kurt walked up next to him and smiled, thinking about his friends in the sidelines and his family and Blaine's in the audience. He thought about Finn's video.

(Kurt):
We'll go down in history
They'll describe our love as

(Kurt and Blaine):
Incredible oh oh oh ohhh
Oh incredible oh oh oh ohhh
Lets make them remember
and we were
we were incredible
simply incredible
oh oh oh ohhh...

Lets make them remember
They'll describe our love as

Incredible oh oh oh ohhh
Oh incredible oh oh oh ohhh
Lets make them remember
that we were
we were incredible
simply incredible
it's something amazing

Let's give them something amazing

On the last note, the crowd really exploded this time including Kurt and Blaine's families. Both bowed and left the stage with huge smiles. The New Directions cheered for them and headed back to the green room to relax and let the next group perform.

"That was amazing you guys! Perfect! I think we just might have this in the bag." Mr. Schue said.

"Duh Mr. Schue. Of course we're going to win. You finally took our advice about Kurt and Blaine." Santana said, nudging Kurt playfully.

"You dudes rocked that last song." Puck said, eyes glistening.

"Noah, are you crying?" Kurt said and Puck straightened up.

"Who's crying? Not me. Certainly not because of your solo or your last song." Puck tried to deny but Kurt could see past the cracks and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Hey I forgave you a long time ago for all of that. Both Blaine and I. You too Finn." Kurt said.

"It just really hit me looking back on the shit you guys went through. I never thought much of it until Quinn showed me stories and I'm just really glad you two didn't...you know...join Katie." Puck looked down. Kurt wanted to speak but the moment was broken when all the teams were called to the stage. Once gathered it was time to name the winner. Vocal Adrenaline looked cocky, the Can-Can Woozies looked hopeful, the Hip Hop Stepers looked like they would win while The New Directions just looked normal as they all took hands and grasped tight. This could go two ways. They would either win and go back to McKinley with a Nationals trophy and pride not for themselves but for Katie or they would lose but know that they have their all and had fun, real fun, for people to remember them by. The announcer seemed to take ages before ripping open the envelope and the moment 'New' came from her mouth, her voice was lost the thunderous roars, cheers and claps of the audience. The New Directions were startled by the reaction before they quickly decided who would take the trophy and pushed Kurt out. Kurt smiled hugely with tears as he took the gold trophy in his shaking hands, mesmerized before thanking the announcer and walked back to his jumping happy team who pulled him in for a hug, cheering louder when they saw the trophy with their name on it etched forever in the plaque. They headed back to their green room and Kurt placed the trophy on the vanity so it could be lit up by the lights.

No one could speak as they just teared up, cried silently or hugged. No champagne was popped, no loud congratulating, nothing. Just a giant group hug and the sound of sniffles occasionally. Even Santana and Puck were crying but none cried harder than Kurt and Blaine who were the last two in the hug after everyone split to breathe. Even when Burt, Carole and the other parents and families came to congratulate the group, Kurt still held onto Blaine and Blaine held onto Kurt. When their silent tears turned into soft sobs, they still held onto each other. When it was time to head back to the hotel, they stayed close as they were the last ones in the back and tears still fell. When their friends had a party just for themselves while Kurt and Blaine were in another room, outside on the balcony on a blanket looking up at the stars with their arms around each other, they smiled as tears fell.

They weren't crying because they won. They weren't crying because of the trophy. They weren't crying because of the fact of winning first place. They were crying because they changed show choir for the first time in history. They were crying that because of them, their team, their friends, their silly litle club won Nationals. Because of them and the love they had for their daughter who was probably a star in the sky they were looking at, they won. They did it for her and to Kurt and Blaine, that was better than any trophy. Better than any prize or competition placement.

Better than any recognition.