Chapter 14 - Car Ride

Okay, guys, so I finally got this written. YAY! The kids just made my eardrums bleed by shouting in my ear. Yayyyyy!

-Chapter 14-

"LINDSAY?!" I cried out. The familiar voice now making sense to me. She now had a grey uniform on, and her smile had flipped into a frown.

"I knew it was you over the phone! I had to see it for myself! " she cried out. Her smile had now returned, so familiar and comforting. She kneeled down to where I was and started rubbing comfortable circles on my back. Tears flooded my eyes and I blinked rapidly to keep them at bay.

"He'll be fine, sweetie." She murmured. I nodded stiffly, forcing it majorly. I turned my head to watch them wheel Ty out on one of the stretchers. One of his hands rested on the side of the long platform, the other on his open bleeding wound.

I turned back to Lindsay, who had followed my gaze to the headphoned teen. She pulled me into a tight hug, and I cried into her shoulder. This wasn't happening, this COULDN'T be happening! Ty wasn't hurt, any second, we would wake up, next to him, and I would hold him close. And I would comfort him while he was sick, and...he isn't hurt.

"He'll be okay, honey." Cooed Lindsay. "It wasn't a deep wound. Nothing fatal. He'll lose a few pints of blood, but nothing that we can't fix." I nodded once again. She gave me a tight squeeze before releasing and getting up.

I quickly used my sleeve to wipe away my many tears.

"Thanks..." I murmured, keeping my head down. Suddenly I was very interested in the floor. "C-Could I come with y-you in the ambulance?"

I looked up to see Lindsay looked down at me with an apologetic look, which didn't send me a good vibe.

"I'm sorry, but you can't. I can drive you, if you would like..." She said slowly. I nodded stiffly and she helped me up, giving my back a pat before we went out and followed the stretcher.

We watched it being loaded into the ambulance. Along the way, I saw a cop speaking into his intercom. I only caught bits and pieces of the conversation. Something about Luke being taken to the station.

I didn't care. My only thought was making sure Ty would be okay.

Lindsay then lead me to her car, which was parked out front. It was a old, worn down mini van. But from the way she looked at it, I could tell it was full of memories.

I climbed in, tears still spilling thickly down my cheeks. She climbed in after, forcing a smile and started to drive. A few minutes away from the house, she started to make conversation. "So...you took my advise on one thing, did you take it for the other?"

It slowly dawned on me that she was asking about me and Ty's relationship.

"Well...uh...yeah...I confessed...a little while ago..." I couldn't hold back anymore. I burst into tears, and they streamed thickly down my face. I buried my head in my hands to stop the flow, but to no avail.

"H-He can't d-die..." I hiccuped. His last words echoed through my head 'I love you'.

He used his last bit of energy to tell me...ME....he loved me.

"Sweetheart, Ty will be okay!" There was a few minutes of silence-other than my muffled sobs. Slowly, trying to steer away from the Ty subject, Lindsay asked "Whats your name, sweetie? I never caught it."

"A-Adam...but my friends call me Sky."

"Why's that?"

I took a deep breath and plunged into my endless story, starting with YouTube, SkyDoesMinecraft.

(A/N right now, imagine him telling his story with Unbreakable by FireFlight in the background. I can't actually write it...they haven't really said how he and Ty really met!)

I explained how I had gotten over five million subscribers in a little over a year. I explained Team Crafted, who were my real, true friends. One of them was even a little bit more.

I went on to explain Ty's channel, DeadloxMC, or Deadlox and how we met through all of this. I could see Lindsay smiling in the rear view mirror.

Finally, I finished, still struggling to keep in the tears. I was relatively succeeding.

"Oh, Ad- I mean, Sky, it seems like doing that really makes you happy. And if you met Ty through it, it can't be that bad." I couldn't believe it. She was the one adult who didn't start in this endless speech about how talking with strangers over the Internet is bad, and all that stuff.

I nodded stiffly, keeping my forehead pressed onto the window next to me. I gently pushed my fingertips against the glass.

"Th-Thanks..." I muttered. She winked at me from the front seat. "We're there!" She cried, and my eyes darted up to look fully through the window. The looming white building stood tall. I imagined Ty, sitting in a hospital bed, hooked up to machinery beyond compare.

I took a deep breath and got out of the car, willing to wait forever if Ty got better...