Chapter 2 - I'll Protect You

----Sky's POV ---

I sat at my desk, running around in circles in my single player Minecraft world. I sighed with boredom.

"I wonder if Ty's on..." I murmured out loud to myself and quickly pulled up Skype. Even though I would never admit it, I had a slight crush on my fellow Minecrafter. His hair flopped over his eyes perfectly...stop, I told myself. He's just a friend. Nothing more.

I smiled and pressed the call button, waiting and listening to the familiar ringing noise.

--Ty's POV-

"Ty, when I get up there...' Growled Luke, and I heard him lumbering up the stairs, each step heavy and dragged. He slurred out each word, and I knew he had a few extra bottles while I was upstairs.

"Listen, I-Im sorry-" I started when the bathroom door banged open, and he stood there. I was cut off by him grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and hanging me in the air, continuing to walk. Sometimes, as punishment he doesn't let me eat, so I guess I'm pretty light, weight wise.

He shoved me into my room and slammed shut the door, locking it. I took a huge gulp, ready for whatever would come.

To my horror, he reached for the fly scatter which lay on a hook on my wall, since I don't have a air conditioner or window protectors, so whenever it's so hot out that I have to open the windows they easily get in.

He held it up over his head, growling and laughing. "This should be fun..."

-Sky's POV (Again)-

Finally, the ringing stopped and an image of Ty's pic came up. But what piped through my speakers wasn't his voice, nor was it one I knew.

"This should be fun..." It cackled, and there was a sickening cracking noise. At first, I thought Ty was watching a horror movie or something, but then I heard his wail out from pain.

There was a sudden bang, and the profile image for Ty was replaced with a face cam. There was something dark and orange against the screen, and slowly it moved away so I could get a better view.

It was Ty, and there was a red mark on his face, slightly bleeding. I gasped and cried out "Ty! Are you alright?!"

His eyes darted to the screen, and shock and horror plastered in his face.

"Ada-" he was cut off by a smacking noise, and he winced in pain and fell forward. A boy who looked in his thirties stood behind him, holding a fly swatter and hitting it against the palm of his hand. He looked at the screen, but didn't seem to regard it much.

Instead, he grabbed Ty by the scruff of the shirt and pulled him up, sending a chocking noise. I watched, wishing so much he could do something for my...love.

I believed Ty had said something about his brother before... Luke, was it?... but he had flinched and quickly changed the subject. Honestly, back then I didn't get it. Now I did.

Luke threw Ty against the wall of the room and gave him another sharp smack across the face. Ty winced and fell forward a little bit. He managed to put his hands together in a praying position and weakly chock out "Please, Luke! Your drunk!"

"Ha!" Luke slurred. Yes, it was definitely the same voice I heard in the beginning.

Luke raised his arm, readying for another strike, then faltered. He let out a laugh, more like a cackle, and grabbed Ty's right arm. He slid the sleeve up, revealing a long line of fresh cuts. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand.

I had to save Ty somehow...

"Cutting again, Tyler?" Luke slurred. "You know, you outta just cut yourself too deep one of the days and bleed to death. Waist of air." He grabbed Ty by the scruff again and repeatedly rammed him against the wall. Ty cried out in pain with each thrust, and tears filled his eyes.

"Waist of air..." Ty murmured, bringing his eyes to the computer. They said one thing "I'm sorry."

"Sorry about what?!" I wanted to holler, but knew better. I just looked at Ty with a caring look, saying 'I'll protect you.'

Ty, after a while, was finally dropped to the floor. Luke laughed and gave him a strong kick in the stomach. Ty sputtered and coughed for air, putting one hand in the ground. His sleeve slouched halfway down his arm, still showing the hideous cuts.

"Waist of air..." Luke muttered, delivering one more swing with the fly swatter right onto Ty's back. After that, he continued to hang it back up and walk out of the room like nothing happened. He flung the door closed, and shortly after there was a loud bang, probably him tripping down the stairs in his drunk state.

Ty sat, crying on the floor. He had his hands covering his eyes, and between sobs he got out "S-S-So sorry you h-had to s-see that..."

"Ty..." I murmured. I could feel my heart breaking, watching him crying on the floor. I made a quick snap decision. "I'm coming for a visit."

Ty jumped like he hadn't heard right. "Um...uh, what?" He asked slowly.

"I said I'm coming to visit, maybe even move in to protect you."

"S-Sky, that isn't a g-good idea... Luke, he won't be h-happy..."

"I don't give a fuck! He's abusing you! And I can't just sit here and watch. What's your address?" Ty reluctantly gave me his address, and I said slowly "Listen, Ty, before I get the tickets, 2 things.

1. I'll help you in any way I can. The cuts, him, bullies, however I can.

2.... I...I love you."

Ty just stared at the screen for a moment before slowly answering. "I-I love you t-too..."

I smiled and said "I'll be there in a few hours."

I ended the chat and logged out of chat, going to one of the airline websites to order tickets.

I was gonna protect Ty, as my boyfriend, as my love or as my best friend. He's NOT a waist of air. He's so valuable...he's...he's my Ty.