Chapter 7 - Smile

-Chapter 7-

I turned back to Ty, who was moving around a lot in his sleep. I became worried and placed a gentle hand on his, and his eyes shot up. He let out a loud scream, then jumped up, breathing hard.

"What's wrong?!" I cried and pulled him into a tight hug. I could feel his chest heaving against mine.

"Nightmare..." He whimpered, and I held him even closer as he buried his head in my chest and continued to let out a few chocked sobs before pulling back.

"Do you wanna talk about it? It might make you feel better..." I said slowly, picking up his hand and giving it a kiss. He smiled and nodded, then dove into his dream....

-Ty's POV (Finally! XD)

I had a terrible nightmare... Sky was gone, and Luke had cornered me. He had my cutting blade in his hand, and he held it up to my chest. I could fell my heart beating fast against the cold metal.

"Please...no! Where's Adam?!" I cried out, trying to duck under his legs to get out. He blocked me before I could move an inch though.

"Sky left." Chuckled Luke, pressing the blade even further into my skin. I could feel it burning deeper to my flesh...one more move, and I'm done for. "He said you WERE a Waste of Air. Gave me this." He pulled something from behind his back, and I recognized it as a fly swatter.

"Adam..." I whispered as Luke began to hit me everywhere possible. "Why?"

I never feel the sting of the hits in my sleep, but this time I did. I just sat there, though, like I usually did in my dreams. Covering my head, just in case it isn't a dream. But other than that, my body stays still. Sometimes it moves from the force of the hits, but I don't move it a muscle.

I thought. And I thought. Would Adam really leave me? No...no, he promised! He promised he wouldn't!

I realized then that I needed Adam more than anything. I told myself, everyday, that it wouldn't happen again. I would look in the mirror and point to my black eye, saying "Hey, it's a one-time thing. I'm sure it won't happen again."

But it kept happening. It wouldn't stop. Everyday. Every. Single. Day.

I needed Adam to save me. I needed someone to care, and Adam did, more than anything. I needed someone to pull me out of the dark, someone to grab my hand and lift me up. That 'someone' was Sky.

I started laughing in my dream. Just like that, I started laughing. I think it was because then, I knew it was just a dream. I knew Adam was still there, outside of this demented, fucked up world, waiting for me to wake up from my deep sleep. Maybe hug me, kiss me, promise it would be okay for the thirtieth time. And I would cry into his arms until I was all out of tears.

"Laughing, huh? Well, THAT won't do!" Cried Luke, and before I could protest, he raised the swatter and walked me right, square in the face.

It hurt. Oh man it hurt. I shrieked out in pain and I jumped up, waking up from my deep sleep.

I looked around and I felt my chest heaving up and down, hard. Sky stared at me with worry decorated across his face.

"What's wrong?!" He cried out, giving my hand a special squeeze of comfort. I love it when he does it. It's like with that one little squeeze, that one little body nearer to mine meant I wasn't alone anymore.

He pulled in into a tight hug, my side still heaving from the chocked sobs. I let myself bask in his arms for a while before finally pulling away and answering his question.

"Nightmare..." I murmured, and he hugged me even tighter and closer. I thought about the dream ; oh my god, how many times I've had that dream, I don't even know.

Finally, I pulled away. I felt him playing with my curls a little bit, but I didn't look up. I didn't want him to see my wet, salty face, from all the tears.

I could feel his finger brush against my cheek (not that cheek, ya pervs) and I reached up and grabbed his hand.

"Do you want to talk about it? It might make you feel better..." I nodded slowly as he picked up my hand and gave it a gentle kiss. I forced a smile, and reluctantly told Sky my terrifying nightmare.

-Sky's POV-

I can't believe Ty had that dream. As soon as he was done, I leaned in, and so did he.

Our lips met gently, fitting in perfectly together like they were meant to be. He ran his hands up to my waist and kept them there, smiling in into the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his waist and decided to try something risky,

I licked his bottom lips, begging for entrance. He seemed to wait for a moment, just to tease me. Finally, his lips parted and I could slip my tongue in. I explored every inch of his mouth.

We fought for dominance, and if course I won. I laughed we pulled away, a thin line if saliva trailing from his lip to mine. I slowly raised his hand and wiped mine away with his thumb, and I smiled, doing the same to him.

I began to play with his curls, until my index finger scraped past his forehead. I frowned and went back.

His forehead was BURNING hot. I literally had to take my finger away before it seared up.

"Ty..." I asked quietly, "How do you feel...?"

He whimpered a little and pulled away from my chest, but I kept my arm draped over his shoulder. "Pretty bad...my head and throat and sore... I'm okay though, this happens a lot..." He forced and smile and laid back down, snuggling into the comforters. I sighed and looked him over. I wasn't sure he was okay, but I wanted him to get some sleep at the same time. That's what helps sickness, right? Some sleep.

I looked at my laptop for about half a second, then laid down next to Ty under the covers. I pulled him close to me and he buried his chest in my shirt.

"Goodnight, Tyler..." I whispered.

"Goodnight Adam..." Before he even finished, I could hear a light snoring sound. I smiled and cuddled with Ty for the rest of the night, eventually drifting off to sleep.

The best thing I saw before I fell asleep though, was Ty's smile. I've never really looked deep into his smile before, but this...I hadn't seen him smile since I got here. I haven't seen him smile EVER, actually. Not like he had a reason to, right?

But now that he was, I fell deeply in love with that smile. It was just..perfection.