Chapter 5 - Luke and his Goons

A/N : So yeah...I'm home sick today... *cough* it sucks! But I'll be better tomorrow! And the good thing about being sick is the entire day, all I have to do is sit in bed and watch Sky videos!!' YEAH DOOD!

Enjoy!

Chapter 5

-----------

-Nobody's POV-

Sky gave Ty's hand a quick squeeze and kissed him on the nose for extra support. Ty took in a deep breath and nodded.

He put his hand out and rested it in the handle of the door. Behind that door was a world of hurt, pain, and beer. Normally, he would've been terrified. He would've ran, staying out at the local store till it closed just to avoid the hurt at all costs. But Adam was here now, holding his hands. That gave him confidence.

He took in another deep breath, and in one slick movement he forced the door open.

Sky stared at the kitchen with wide eyes. It was a total MESS. There were cola cans, wrappers, gum, just about anything possible laying around the room. He turned to Ty, who just sighed and set his phone down on the island. He grabbed a trash bag and started going around, picking up anything that shouldn't be there.

"Hey, faggot! You home?!" Called a slurring voice. There was a loud bang, then a crash.

A middle aged dusty-blonde lumbered into the room. He had some blood on one hand, and in both palms were ice cold beers.

Sky gaped at the look of the man. He had on ripped jeans and a shirt that read "You Can't Get With This." He winced and looked at Ty, who wouldn't dare look at the man. This was definitely his brother.

"Yeah." Ty muttered and continued to pick up. Sky quickly grabbed a bag and joined him, picking everything up.

Luke's eyes widened as he saw Sky, then he erupted into hiccuping laughs and cackles. "Look at this, boys! Ty's so desperate for friends he pulled one off the street!!!"

Sky scowled as 3 other drunken men lumbered into the room, laughing and throwing more old cans at us. Ty reached out to get them but Adam caught his hand, grabbing them himself and shooting Ty and sympathetic look.

"Look, man, I'm sorry. I'll turn him in tomorrow. Want a beer for your troubles?" Luke slurred, tossing Sky a beer. Adam scowled and tried to catch it, but it grazed his finger tips.

SMASH

The beer hit the ground with a crunch, spreading shards of the pointy glass everywhere. Adam felt a hand grab his shoulder and yank him back before the glass could puncture his skin. He looked back and sent Ty a thankful look for pulling him back in time.

"TYLER LOX!!!" Hollered Luke, sending Ty an angry look. "How could you break the beer bottle?!?!"

"What? I didn't didn-"

"AND NOW YOUR FUCKING TALKING BACK?! DO YOU WANT THE FLY SWATTER AGAIN?!"

Ty shrank back, and Sky watched in horror and Luke raised up his hand and gave deadlox the old backhand.

Ty gasped in pain and grabbed his cheek, which throbbed and stung. Sky immediately dropped what he was holding and bolted over to Ty, giving his hand a quick squeeze for reassurance.

"Ha!" Cried out Luke, pointing an accusing bottle at Ty. "I knew you were gay!!!"

The rest of the goons erupted into laughter, and Ty wouldn't look up from the ground. Adam took his hand and helped him up, but Ty still wouldn't look up.

"Aww, go to your room, ya fag. I'll deal with you later."

Sky lead Ty out of the kitchen. They were almost out when suddenly Ty stopped, causing Adam to as well. He looked back to see see Luke whispering something in Ty's ears.

Ty's face went from frightened to purely terrified. He bolted back over to Sky, who comforted him with open arms.

Adam continued to lead Ty up the stairs with a confident look on his face. He pulled Ty behind by his hand, giving it a long squeeze every once and a while. As they were walking up, his mind started to race with questions....

-Sky's POV-

Do the neighbors know about this? I thought. How long has it been going on? What did Luke tell Ty that made him freak out like this?

I looked back to see a bright red Ty who seemingly refused to look me in the face.

I sighed and stopped at the top of the stairs, then put my two fingers delicately under his chin. I forced him to look up at me. His eyes were filled with fear and tears.

"It's okay..." I whispered as he started crying. I draped my arms around him and picked him up bridal style. He yelped and hugged his arms around my neck, clinging onto me.

I laughed softly and held him tight. I kicked his door open with my foot ; thank god he had it open, or else that would've hurt.

I walked in and looked around. His room was a bit of a disaster, but honestly, I couldn't blame him. He had a unmade bed pushed against the wall. Over it hung a poster of Sleeping with Sirens, which only had two nails hanging it up. The other two must have fell off, making it fall over halfway.

He had a desk resting up against the opposite wall, which had a laptop, a few thousand notebooks, and a music player.

A small closet in the corner with 3 shirts and 3 pants completed the room. I frowned ; it seemed pretty empty overall.

I walked over to the bed and threw Ty onto it. At first, it knocked the air out of him, but then he just smiled and laughed lightly.

I sat next to him and draped my arm around his shoulder. He leaned in and rested his arm onto my shoulder. I grinned warmly and played with his brown hair a little.

"How long...?" I whispered. He shifted uncomfortably and looked away. "How long for what...?" He asked, acting like he didn't know.

"How long has it been going on...?"

He shifted again and looked away, now incredibly interested in the wall patterns. I picked up his hand and gave it a quick squeeze, then pecked his cheek.

"Ty...please...tell me..."

He seemed to take a deep breath, then murmured "I was five... five when the accident happened. I was left with Luke, my twenty-four year old brother. At first things were just fine! But then... Luke's girlfriend left him... I don't think he knew how to take it, so he started drinking to try to drown the pain. By the time he had gotten over the breakup, it was too late. He was already...addicted. So the real torture started when I was seven...maybe eight."

I shook his head. "How...how have you made it this far? I mean...I would have....I dunno, committed suicide by now!"

It was obvious Ty was holding in a sob, but he managed out "Well... I tried to. I stopped though...I had... I had someone that wouldn't be worth leaving."

I looked at him, confused. "Who?"

Once again, he looked away, a bright red spreading across his face.

"Wait...me?! I kept you from committing suicide?!"

Suddenly, Ty burst out crying in front of me. I took him into my arms and cradled him close, running my hand along his hair.

"Shhh... It's okay...everything's alright..."