My Fifth Year Of High School

I FINISHED MY LAST EXAM TODAY! HOORAYYYYYYY!!! (Don't know if I've actually passed any - probably not - but for now, WHO CARES?!)

Well, I did one of these for fourth year, so why not do one for fifth year?

But damn...can't believe it's been another whole year...

That's scary.

Now, to begin with fifth year compared to fourth year? Don't get me started.

Fourth year does not prepare you for fifth year at all!

There is so much more work to do, and a lot more pressure that comes with it!

The fact that teachers don't understand that half the time made it ten times worse.

While the work is obviously harder, I hate how I've got to learn so much more than what I did last year - National 5 does NOT prepare you for Higher!

There's people who crash Highers in sixth year and it's horrible how they don't even get extra help!

But that's sixth year, so that can wait till next year...

Highers have a lot more course work than Nat 5s, and we have to learn more in the same amount of time.

Fair enough, there's less subjects, but I can't imagine doing more than five exams this year ugh!

Anyway, let's keep going...

The assignments for each subject (minus maths cause the hardest subject doesn't give you anything to do in class and just leaves it till the exam day hooray) were all left kinda late.

Every subject I knew, except one (which I didn't even do), had their assignments having to be done outside of class.

Which could technically be counted as cheating since we're not supposed to do that but whatever, that's chill. We all got them done in time.

However, this year it seemed like teachers were dropping like flies more than students were.

Students were dropping subjects throughout the year because they were so hard, but teachers were also struggling.

One particular teacher deserves an award or something because she kept an entire subject running by herself! Like, to be fair I don't really like this teacher, but my god does she deserve a break!

But there were also asshole teachers in other subjects who were trying to cut people out of a course they could do well in, but weren't putting the effort in for.

Hello, maths department! I'm talking to you, you grade A pricks!

Maths is always the subject that people dislike, but last year? Last year I loved it, I was good at it, I was getting 100% in tests, and managed to get a B+ in the final exam.

This year? New teacher? I'm pretty sure I've almost failed, or have failed, this subject.

You cannot blame that on me, you cannot honestly believe that a student who did so well last year with one teacher and then does horrible the next with a new teacher doesn't say something?!

Know what? Whatever. I'm sure I've passed. (I'm not sure)

But I guess there is one good thing that came from this year...

Our year group...

Let me tell you a lil something about our year group; we practically hate each other!

For the past four years we have ignored, bitched, fought, and hated each other's guts for no apparent reason, but this year?

This year we came together...as one...to cheat on every fucking thing.

I have so many group chats for all my subjects which focus on cheating, and my friends also have many group chats which are dedicated to cheating on their subject.

For the prelim, two students snuck into the teachers room, poked around and was able to find the paper which helped many students pass the prelim.

For english, my friends and I had a study/cheating session to pass a UASP (albeit we still failed but we didn't fail as badly as we would have done and we did eventually pass so...shush...)

For maths, my friend did a UASP first and then snuck me the paper and - after some discussion - then decided to share it on a chat with the rest of our failing class.

My friend who does history said the same thing, she was added to a chat which had people she hardly ever talked to, and that chat was dedicated to cheating in the prelim.

And then there's human biology, where we had to do an essay after the prelim (but it would count to our final prelim mark?) and my friend got the questions for me, and I got the questions to my friend.

Human biology was the subject where I just constantly cheated to be honest, I'm just kinda hoping I've passed now...

Haha...

Ahem.

What else is there that can be said about this year?

Um...not much, it's all kind of a blur of just...tears...

Eh, if I think of anything important I'll add it on or something. But yeah, in conclusion? This year kinda sucked.

Fifth year fucked me up man...

...so sixth year? Sixth year I'm gonna fuck up because if that's not going to be a year filled with lols and becoming a human being then I don't know what is.

(Excuse my french)