The 3 Times I Got Hit On

While in New York, I got hit on three times.

Now there are both good experiences and bad experiences, but let's just do this....

So on one of the days, we stopped at this little square part which is pretty secluded. There was an ice cream shop, a sweet shop, a cafe, a superdry and another big brand shop.

I got ice cream, of course, and then after finishing went to superdry with the troops.

Now I'm happy, I've had some pretty dang good ice cream and I'm not cold.

So I walk into this shop and the first thing the guy who works there says is "There! What a beautiful smile!"

And I smile more.

Now, I understand that there's getting people to buy your products and customer service...but then there's flirting...

Knowing me, being physically mentally spiritually and every way unable to flirt, I'm nice enough to the guy and wander round the shop with my friends.

We end up not buying anything (since we didn't bring much money with us) and start to head back out.

It's a very quiet day and the poor guy looks bored, so I decide to make his day a lil better.

I give him a kiss.

A Hershey kiss.

Ha, I got you there didn't I?

So he was ecstatic about that and I'm glad I made his day.

The next time I got hit on was a few days later, with my friend who we shall code name Aosada (I'll tell you later...)

We've been left in Times Square to go get dinner before we're off to Broadway to see The Lion King!

Me and Aosada aren't that hungry.

Our two friends R and A go into a shop to return something and we decide to be good friends and wait outside for them.

We're literally right across from the doors. Walk out, you would definitely see the two of us sitting freezing our asses off.

Five minutes later, these two guys come up to us and start talking and asking where we're from.

This isn't a big deal for us really, because literally that day while in Grand Central Station this woman sitting next to us asked where we were from and complimented us on our Scottish accents.

Never knew our accents were so loved.

Anyway, so we originally thought these guys were also tourists and such. Nah, they lived in the city. Okay, looks like they're just being nice.

The guy was asking me where we had gone tourist attractions and stuff.

Then he came out with the worst pick up line you will ever hear....

"Have you ever seen an Indian before."

...this guy wasn't Indian, but his friend was and he was talking to my friend!

So, this polite and kind conversation goes on and then it gets...creepy.

The 'Indian' guy sits beside Aosada and places a hand. On. Her. Back.

She has a phobia of people she don't know touching her and I'm giving the 'back the fuck off' look.

Thankfully, he does.

We are both surrounded, this guy is sitting next to Aosada and the other guy is leaning over me. We're corned.

Wanna know what pissed me off though? The 'I'm not a cop but I pretend to be' guy walked past us and saw how uncomfortable we looked...and continued walking!

Well done on keeping the fucking peace mate!

These guys start asking our ages and if we're in college and stuff.

We both reply that we're 16. We both say we're still in high school.

They are not fazed in the slightest.

They are both saying how we definitely look older.

And then they go on to saying how we look like the party kind of girls.

They are literally suggesting that we should go out partying together.

Aosada had explained to them that we are here on a school trip and they will not let us just wander off with them!

They aren't fazed!

These guys are like late twenties early thirties! Twenty five at the least!

Why are they still coming on to sixteen year olds?!

Thankfully, they both have to leave. And they're all nonchalant all "we'll be back in an hour, and if we see you we see you..."

In our head, we're thinking "nah mate, ye won't fuckin see us cause we'll be singing NAAAAA SEBIN YAAAAAA!!!!! And Hakuna Matata!"

As soon as they leave, we head into the shop and search the entire place.

Our friends left us.

They left us to deal with that!

We're both disturbed and peeved.

We then decide to go the Hershey actors and buy tons of bags of kisses for 'dinner' to make us feel better.

I kid you not! It's not even been ten minutes later before the third flirting incident happened!

We're both standing by the lights waiting for the green - oh wait, white man (WHY IS IT WHITE?! THATS SO WEIRD!) - when this guy crosses over and suddenly stops in front of us.

He turns to Aosada and points. "Age?"

"16"

He turns to me and points. "Age?"

"16"

He turns to side and says "Jail" before walking off.

Not even ten minutes has passed! Like, what?!

This one though made us feel better, this one was funny!

Like I could definitely understand if that was a prank or just something to make people laugh and feel better.

So, this guy? He was fine! He knew the law and was abiding it!

Those other two? NOPE! They have zero morals!

What really confused us though was that we didn't look good that day.

The one day where we don't wear makeup, where we don't put effort into our hair and have not the most fashionable clothes - I was wearing a fluffy blanket hoody for turtles sake! - the one day where we look awful we have three guys come up and flirt with us!

I know I'm hot and everything but my god!

So...that was that then...

I now understand what people on Tumblr mean by "older men going after high schoolers" and all that other stuff...

I lived through it...

But yeah, I got flirted on in New York. Does this ever happen here, at homeland? Nope!

Oh well...

Hope you enjoyed reading the trauma and the hilarity or my flirting experience!