The Legendary Snowball Battle

It was snowing today, quite heavy too, and as me and my brother were having a snowball fight I was reminded of a time where a war broke out among the street...

When it comes to snowball fights, I have a motto! It's all fun and games until someone shoves snow down your top, then it's war. This motto applies to the battle...

I call this snowball fight a battle because it was not just a one time little fun-fight, but it wasn't yet a war. It was a battle.

This battle went on for approximately....a week.

How did it begin?

Well, like any other day where snow began to fall, children forgot about homework and ran to the streets to play and of course one thing leads to another and - BAM! Snow ball fight!

In my street, there was about seven or eight of us and we all split off into teams. I ended up with my friend and - later on - his older brother.

Why did we split off into teams? I honestly don't remember, but I'm pretty sure it was because everyone was arguing over the rules of 'snow down the shirt' and then...someone put snow down a person's shirt...now that I think about it, it was probably me...

It was fun for a while, not gonna lie, but then....came the ambushes...

Two of the teams teamed up against me and my friend and all I remember is getting ambushed and having to run to his house. We couldn't go into the house though, that would be forfeiting. We couldn't do that.

So, here we were, huddled behind my friend's dad's car, making snowballs. We were cornered, and we were in trouble. Big trouble.

Then the door opens and out comes his big brother, our saving grace!

He was originally going out to meet some of his friends, but he decides to stay for a while and postpone to help us. Brother of the year? Hell yeah.

He was a lot older than us, and so had been in many more of these snowball fights. He helped us make a lot more snowballs and helped us fend ourselves.

After he helped us get the upper hand, he made a mad dash out the street to meet up with his friends - avoiding snowballs along the way.

The battle kept on going, any time we wanted to leave the street we would have to be prepared for possible attacks, but then the battle ended.

Why?

No more fluffy snow, and none of us - except one - wanted to be hit with ice.

Hey! It wasn't me that wanted to continue! I was the weakest link, this was my way out from getting hundreds of bruises!

But yeah. It's snowing, and it's great. It's so pretty~

I wish I could remember more of the battle, but I was young and it was a long time ago...