"Why the sudden interest in my dad?" He smirk knowing the answer already. "Are you still angry with my father Jessy?" He place his glass down.

He thrust his hands towards me making me frown looking at it in confusion.

"Would you like to dance?" He smiled.

I almost sighed in frustration when he didn't answer my question but I held my breath and nodded taking hold of his hand. The minute I made contact with his hand felt like I burned myself touching him I wanted to pull back quickly but I didn't want him to question my movement.

We walked along the wooden glossy floor with the melody in the back. I gasp when he pulled me roughly against his pressing my body against him. He place his hand on my waist I can feel the heat seeping through the dress. All I want to do now is rip of all these clothes because of how hot it suddenly got.

His pale blue eyes bore into mine our face inches away, I can smell the intoxicating scent of him making me want to bury my face on his neck.

His movement is swift and graceful with no trace of flaw in the way he moved us to the music. His moves impressed me the way his foot would shift and twirl me around with ease.

"Are you seeking revenge Jessy or you  just want to find out why he created you?" He tiped my body down holding my weight up.

"A bit of both. Telll me Dominic why does every vampire I come across with protects your father?" He twirl me around and pull me back against him roughly.

"Because he's the king wheather you like it or not he has every living vampire under his control" He chuckled bitterly.

"What is this the middle ages? That the vampires need someone to look up to for some guideness?" I frown almost giving out a laugh at how ridiculous that sounds.

"People may think vampires like to do things alone and that they are hostile creatures, they are right but we also look up to one person for reassurance that even if we spread away from each other there is a home we can always go to. A home where we can be ourselves and we don't have to hide it. A home that will always be there to run to and that's what the king is for. To protect us."

We stood still staring at each other closely finding myself lost on his words making me confused.

"Is that what Lincoln does for all of you?" I stepped away.

He dropped my hand and stood tall, I watch as he tries to mask the anger in his eyes.

"No" He chuckled humouressly. "He was never once a good king but he is the only king we have ever known. He brings chaos into this world, he's greedy and selfish, those powers he is obessed with drove him mad. He's feared and that's why all vampires will do as much as they can to protect him."

I was sensing something more to Licoln nobody knows nothing about even his own children. Power made him insane but there's something else. There's a whole story everybody is missing and only Lincoln knows. I want to find out what he's hiding and why did he create me. 

He said he created me for a purpose but he's hiding from me and he never once came in contact. Either he's too much of a coward to face me all these years or he's planning something big.

"Do you remember when I said 'I'll always be on your side?' and that anyone who goes against you is a fool?" He turn to me his blue eyes holding me captive.

"Yeah" I frowned curious to where this is going.

"Do you understand me now?"

"No...I don't"