14. Hospital visit

Jake walked out of the court room with his mother. He saw Kat sitting there on the chair tapping her leg. "Kat!" He said as he quickly walked up to her. He picked her up and hugged her tightly. " I know I've only been gone a couple hours but I missed you so much." Jake said then kissed her.

"I'm so sorry I scared you.." Jake said feeling horrible for it. "It's ok babe, I just didn't want either of you to get hurt." Kat said. "Oh god please tell me he's not dead." Jake said lowering his voice. "No he's in the hospital though."Kat replied.
"Ok, do you want to come over to my house?" Jake said to her. "Of course" Kat replied to him taking his hand.

Once they arrived at Jakes house he sat down on the couch while Kat went to get some ice. She sat down next to him and put it on his black eye.

He smiled at her and said "thanks baby." Kat smiled and replied "You're welcome." They had been there for about an hour when emmet called Kat from the hospital *Buzz buzz..buzz buzz* she answered the phone...

Emmet: Hey it's me

Kat: oh...hey...

Emmet: yea..do you mind coming up here to the hospital for a lil bit?

Kat: um...

Emmet: Kat please I really need you...I won't keep you long I promise...

Kat: ...ok, I guess I'll come up there.

Emmet: ok, see you soon.

Kat: bye..

*Hangs up the phone* "Who was that?" Jake asked concerned. "Emmet.." She replied to him with a sigh. "oh..what did he want?" He asked Kat. " He asked if I'd come see him at the hospital." She said quietly. "Are you going to?" Jake asked her. "Not if you don't want me to." Kat replied reassuring him.

Jake sat in silence for a minute. "It's ok, I guess, just come straight back ok?" Jake said hesitantly. "Are you sure?" Kat asked surprised. "Yea babe it's-its ok..just come back after, and be safe, I'd come with you but I doubt he wants me there. Plus I don't exactly want to either." Jake said rolling his eyes. Kat looked at him.. "Ok, I'll be right back, I love you." She said as she stood up.

Kat leaned down slowly and kissed his lips softly. "I love you more." Jake said after he kissed her. "Not possible" Kat replied. "Yes possible" Jake insisted. "I'M DEAD SERIOUS COME STRAIGHT BACK!" He yelled, as Kat walked to the door. She laughed and shook her head slowly. "I will haha, I promise" She said with a smile.

Jake's mom peeked her head out from the kitchen holding a spatula. "Oh, here honey take my car." Jake's mom said as she tossed Kat her keys. "Oh, thanks Mrs.Black." Kat said a bit surprised. "No problem sweetheart." she replied sweetly. "DRIVE SAFE!" Jake shouted as she walked out the front door. "Ok Dad !" She said sarcastically.

She arrived at the hospital and walked into Emmet's room a bit nervously to see him lying in his bed. He was watching Jimmy Fallon and chuckling lightly. "Hey Emmet." Kat said.
"Hey, Kat Im glad you came." Emmet replied happy to see her."

"I didn't think you were going to come." He said looking down. "Why wouldn't I come to check up on you ?" Kat asked a little bit confused.
"I don't know, probably something to do with Jacob." "He probably doesn't want you to be around me." Emmet said rolling his eyes. "No Emmet, Jake isn't like that." Kat said getting a little bit annoyed.

"Well he kinda is." Emmet said looking to the side. "How is he like that Emmet?" Kat said in an annoyed tone crossing her arms. "Well, for one..remember the day he and I met?" "He looked like he wanted to kill me and didn't even like me speaking to you.." Emmet said trying to make his point. "Emmet that was 8 years ago.." Kat replied stating out the hospital window across the room, trying not to make eye contact with him.

"Whatever, it doesn't madder." Emmet said to her. "Not like you'd ever side with me."
Kat sighed, and sat down at the end of the bed slowly. "Emmet, Jake told me to come see you, but if he had told me not to I wouldn't be here." Kat said looking away from him. "Y-you wouldn't?" Emmet said surprised. He looked to the side, then held his head down.
"Look Kat, I need to tell you something."
He hesitated..

She sighed. "Yes emmet?" He hesitated then finally muttered out. "I-I love you." She looked at him surprised. "You do?" Kat asked confused. "Yes Katniss, I always have." Emmet replied sitting up a little. Kat sat still in silence. "Please say something Kat." Emmet pleaded looking at her in desperation.

"I um, I love you too, but not li-." Emmet interrupted her "YOU DO?!"
He sat all the way up in pain and hugged her tightly. "I knew it, I knew you loved me." Kat froze. She could tell how happy he was, and didn't want to hurt his feelings, so she let him be happy for the minute.

He released her from his grip and looked at her smiling. "So, when are you going home?" She asked him awkwardly. "Cause I could give you a ri-..." Emmet interrupted her without warning grabbing the back of her head, and kissing her..

Her eyes got huge and she instantly moved him away. For a split second she froze in shock then without hesitation punched him in the face. She immediately winced and closed her eyes tight. It felt like punching a brick wall, and she did it hard too.

"OW FUCK!" She grabbed her wrist and looked at her hand , which she was sure she just broke. "AHHH DAMMIT, SON OF A MOTHER!" Emmet stood up concerned "Oh shit Kat!"

Jake was sitting on couch looking at his phone when he felt her pain. His eyes got huge and he stood up instantly shifting into his wolf form running out the house, not even closing the door behind him. Mrs. Black watched him as he ran out.

Kat held her wrist looking down at her hand pacing around the room in anger and pain. "Kat I'm so sorry are you okay, let me see it!" Suddenly Jake busted through the door. He immediately looked at her concerned.. "Kat, are you ok?" "What the hell happened to her ?!" Jake screamed in anger. Emmet didn't say anything for a second. Finally he replied. "I kissed Kat, and she broke her hand, punching me in the face." He said to Jake. "YOU WHAT??!!" Jacob screamed balling up his fists.