3. No money for lunch

It had been about 30 mins, and finally all the kids for this class were in there. Jacob and Katniss had been awkwardly staring at each-other and looking around for a good 5 mins when Jacob finally tried to break the silence.

"So um how old are you?" He asked with a smile.

"Oh I'm 9." She replied.

"Oh ok cool I'm 9 too." Jacob said watching the way the light reflected on her eyes.
"Oh ok" she muttered awkwardly. They had no idea what to say to each other they just kept sitting there waiting for the teacher.

Finally the teacher walked in sighing with a stack of papers. They looked up at her as she handed out some coloring pages. They were the only two at their table so it was pretty awkward still.

"Ok free time until I get this all figured out kids!"

*30 minutes later*

The bell rang and the teacher stood up asked for the kids attention. As she walked around the room, she gave them all assigned numbers "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,." Jacob zoned out while she was giving them their numbers, and continued coloring staying perfectly in the lines like a control freak.

"Ok line up !" The teacher said. "Huh?" Jake said as he looked up confused. Kat stood up to walk to the line, that's when she stopped and turned around to see Jake sitting there confused.

She looked at him sitting there, and said
"Um, you're number 5 Jacob."

"I'm number 5?" He replied confusingly. Kat realized he wasn't listening and sighed. She took hold of his hand. Jake was really surprised she was touching him at all but he didn't care why, he liked it.

She pulled him slowly to the line where she was number four. "You're number five, and I'm four stand behind me in line ok?" She told him. "Oh um ok." Jake replied.

As they were walking Kat cleared her head, and almost made Jake run into her. She all of a sudden stopped in the middle of the hallway. As they were walking she realized she had just held his hand.

Kat snapped back to attention, and the class continued to walk to lunch. When they arrived Kat and Jake once again sat together alone at a table, except this time Jake sat beside her.

She stood up, and began to walk up to get in the lunch line while Jake pulled his food out of his lunch box his mom had prepared for him.

When Kat got to the front of the line with her food she realized she was in such a rush this morning, she forgot her lunch money. "Oh well I guess I won't eat today." She thought to herself. She walked back to the table slowly, and sat back down. Jake looked up and saw that Katniss was empty handed.

"Where's your food?" He asked her. "I forgot my money at home, so I can't eat." He looked around thinking for a second.. "Um, actually I'm not hungry, so you can have my food."

Kat looked at him surprised. "What, no I don't want to take your food Jacob." she replied sweetly.

"No, no, really I'm feeling nauseous, and I really am not uh hungry so please just take it."
He said trying not to let her know he was lying.

He scooted his sandwich to her and said- "Here really it's ok take it." She smiled blushing at him and said- "Thanks Jacob." As she slowly took the food.

"You're welcome Katniss." He replied to her, watching her frown go away glad to finally see her beautiful smile.

Black || DIRTY जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें