Barefoot Soldiers

Barefoot Soldiers

By Dillon Collins

Barefoot and vulnerable the depressed soldier on, so often in silence, so often not strong.

So many times they are lonely, and they do not understand. But they are broken and beautiful, just like a wave on the sand. A wave can not control it's return to the sea, it's running with open arms back to flock, to become free.

Still alone in a sense but now they're a part of the group, please give them some friends so they have a chance to recoup. There is more power in an army than as compred to one man, 10,000 barefoot soldiers are supporting the land.

Happiness isn't required to run the race, the depressed are more effective because they have a case. They know what it's like to be in need and pain, so when they see someone hurting they will never refrain. The rest of us don't, we walk on by. The depressed remember, they honor the cry.

Barefoot is beautiful, and broken much better, they are ready to be built, so they can withstand the weather. I'm depressed for the depressed who think they're not useful, they've been through the battles and know how to be truthful.

Barefoot and vulnerable the depressed soldier on, so often in silence, so often not strong.