Chapter 37

Throwing Alex's tie over the head rest and around Eddie's throat, I yank back hard, feeling the material bite into the soft skin of his neck. Eddie immediately starts to choke and gasp for breath. I brace myself and push both of my feet into the back of the seat to hold strong and ascertain suffocation. He tries desperately to tear the tie away but to no avail. Within a minute or so, he is unconscious.

Wanting to be sure, I hold still for a few seconds longer then release, letting the tie slide back over the head rest and into my awaiting gloved palm. Breathing a little heavier than normal, I put the tie away and hastily step out of the car and wave towards Destiny's car.

She hops out quickly and scans the area before running over to the car as quietly as possible.

"Is he....?" She asks when she reaches me.

"Unconscious, yes. But we've got to move fast, he won't be out for long. Go to the front and wait beside me while I drag out his upper body, then grab his lower and help me put him in the back."

Opening the drivers door, I find Eddie slumped to the right with his mouth slightly open, angry red marks are evident around his throat.

Looping my arms around and under his armpits, I use all of my body strength and heave his giant body out of the seat. Once he is somewhat out of the front of car, Destiny jumps in and grabs his thighs, helping me remove Eddie and then shuffle him over to the back seat where we use duct tape to secure him. We tape his hands behind his back, his ankles and knees together and wrap a long stretch around his mouth and head to keep him from shouting for help.

I check his pockets and take his phone and a pocket knife not wanting any risk of escape or a call for help to his cronies.

Before closing the door, I ensure there's nothing he can use to cut himself free or that can be used against us. I find nothing of concern and close the door. After a quick survey of the surrounding area, I deem it safe to leave.

Before settling in for the drive, I turn to speak to Destiny.

"We are going to an abandoned warehouse just outside of the city, follow me, but keep a slight distance."

Destiny nods, then turns and jogs back to her car.

Sitting in the drivers seat, I can't help but be pleased that all has gone well so far.

Let's hope it stays that way.

*************

Cruising up the gravel driveway, I check my surroundings, not wanting to come across some rebellious teens or a homeless person. I'd come earlier this week and had done a drive by to see what the area holds and was pleased with what I'd found. I knew it would be the perfect place to do this.

Headlights glare into the rear view mirror and I squint against the light. I frown, wondering how long it will take her to turn off her fucking lights. A moment later she must realise and they disappear.

I park behind the building and step out, bringing my bag with me.

Destiny rolls up beside me a second later, her tires crunch on the gravel.

Silence surrounds us, making every sound a million times louder. I'm not worried about noise though, we are far enough out that no one could possibly hear.

Destiny steps out of her car. The door creaks from the movement.

"You ready?" I ask.