Chapter 27

"Do you mind waiting here a minute while I speak to my client?" Alyssa asks me.

"Of course, no worries. I'm sure I'll find something to do around here." I respond, looking around the big, makeshift closet that I assume once was a spacious bedroom or something. I guess being a celebrity has it's perks.

I'd been following Alyssa around like a puppy dog while she went about picking out pieces of clothing and accessories in different stores for one of her many clients in Vegas. I can't say that I minded very much, it's an extremely relaxed job in comparison to mine.

Currently, I'm standing in some reality stars spare bedroom, I couldn't tell you her name, I'm sure Alyssa had mentioned it but I can't say I had paid enough attention at the time. I don't care for those reality dramas and whatnot. It doesn't affect me in the slightest. I guess the celebrity thought I should have reacted when I saw her, because she eyed me up a whole lot when Alyssa explained what I was doing there. I had been quickly forgotten though, with a flick of her long blond tresses, she turned in her stilettos and skin tight red dress and strutted away from me. Again, I couldn't care less if I tried.

A few hours prior, we had arrived at a flashy hotel in the centre of town, lights flashing and pokie machines ringing in my ears. It was a heck of a lot to take in at first, but after a while, it became background noise. The hotel room we acquired had adjoining rooms, and lush looking couches covered in cushions of all different colours and patterns.

I'd expressed to Alyssa my disdain at the flashiness of it all but she waved it off and told me that she was paying for it all, it was her treat to me. Despite my arguments, she refused my attempts at paying my own half of the bill.

We had then made our way out into the lobby and to the closest cafe, our stomach were screaming for food from the drive and I had a strong need for coffee.

After lunch Alyssa informed me of her 3pm appointment with the reality star, so and so, and said I could hang around while she sorted out the woman's dramas.

I'd trailed off back into the very, very large sitting room that had the TV playing in the background and hovered to see the headlines.

I caught the tail end of a story about a gory murder that had occurred in Venezuela a few nights prior and then shortly after that was a headline about a murder-suicide in nearby Spring Valley, which is an open and closed case, basically.

Still nothing on Belinda which kind of bugged me. Being unsure of my feelings, I avert my attention to the one of the canvases hung on the wall. A kaleidoscope of colours spray outwards from the centre to the edges of the canvas, reds and blacks and hints of blue. My emotions seem to imitate the mess of colours that lie there, dark and bloody and messy.

Turning at the sound of heels clicking upon polished concrete, I see Alyssa making her way to me, iPad cradled in one arm and her handbag dangling from her bent elbow.

"I'm done, we can go now. Time for fun." She says with a smile.

I can't help but wonder what she has in mind.

**********************

The echoes of machine guns blaring surrounds me, even with my ear muffs settled snuggly over my ears.

I look over at Alyssa, who has one of the machine guns held solidly in her hands, a smile plastered across her face and I grin to myself.

When Alyssa had suggested going to shoot machine guns I thought she was screwing with me. But I was dead wrong and thrilled that I had been. I needed to get out my riotous energy somehow and this was more than adequate for the job.