Chapter 28

I had ordered breakfast in bed before the cut off time had set in, I'd originally planned on waiting for Alyssa to show to eat but it was getting close to lunch and I needed food.

I had expected her to show up at my door at some point this morning to apologise like she usually does after one of her little hiatuses but so far she is a no show. I've known Alyssa for a vast majority of my life and its not surprising for her to act the way she has. There is absolutely no point in making a fuss about it, it's just one of Alyssa's many, many self centred traits. I don't normally bat an eyelid at this kind of situation but this time I have to admit that I'm annoyed. It might be because I've let loose so much lately, or  because I thought this weekend might have been different, considering she had said we needed this time together. Either way I've got to drop it.

At 12 o'clock, I decide not to spend any more time in my hotel room and wander down to the lobby after waiting an age for Alyssa to surface. All of my patience had disappeared when the clock struck 12, where the hell was she?

Finding a quiet bar, I sit and order a Long Island iced tea. I had nothing better to do but wallow and wait. Sipping through my straw I turn and survey the room, the bar is small and had an exotic, somewhat Hawaiian theme about it. Palm trees decorate the room and Hawaiian lei's hang from the ceiling. It has a very relaxed vibe about it, the music floats about the room softly.

My message alert tone sounds so I pull my phone out of my purse expecting to see a message from Alyssa but instead it's Alex.

Hey beautiful, how was your night? When did Lyss show?

I type back.
Hey, still no Lyss. I'm hanging out in a bar right now, need to wait for her to leave, she's my ride home. The night wasn't terrible, but it could have been better.

A few minutes later I get his response.
She still hasn't returned? Wow, longer night than usual for her. I can come get you if you want?

Smiling softly at his offer, I type back.
Don't worry about it, I'm sure she will show her face soon enough. Thank you for the offer though. I miss you.

Hearing Alyssa's voice in the distance I turn in my seat and face the entry.

Standing in the foyer, still wearing the same clothes as last night, she pushes away the waiter she had ignored last night and giggles at him.

"Just go...." She laughs at him.

Looking around the main area her eyes set upon me and she pulls a face full of distaste before stalking towards me.

"How bad do I look?" She grimaces.

"You never look bad."

"I know. Sorry for last night. I was only gonna hook up with that first guy, but then I ran into him," she throws a thumb over her shoulder towards the entrance. "One thing lead to another, blah-blah-blah and here we are now." She says very casually.

"I thought he wasn't your type." I say.

"Well, not normally, but we can't turn down a good thing when it surfaces can we?" Alyssa flags down the barman.
"Can I get an orange juice?"

"Sure thing pretty lady." The bearded barman says smiling at her. Just another suitor lining up for a taste of Alyssa, shocker.

Cradling her compact mirror in her palm Alyssa plays with her hair and dabs at her makeup.

While still perfecting her look in the mirror she says, "We should probably leave in a couple hours, otherwise traffic will be horrific."

"Ok." I say, watching the barman set down a tall glass of orange juice in front of Alyssa. Not that she notices.