Chapter 17

Apologies for the long wait, but here it is. I hope it lives up to your expectations. I worked really hard on it. Enjoy!

________________________

By the time I got home from the shopping expedition and a dinner date with Alyssa, it was 8.30pm. Alex was out somewhere and I was exhausted, shopping does that to me.

All I wanted to do was collapse on the couch and never get up again but I had to put that thought aside as I can hear Ditz whimpering outside. I let Ditz inside from the patio and grab myself a warm mug of tea to help me relax. Sitting on the couch I whip out my phone and send Alex a brief text message.

Hey babe, home now. Where are you? When will you be home?

I then switch the TV on and surf for a decent movie to veg out to. Settling on White Chicks which is one of my all time favourite movies, I recline further and stretch out my legs for added comfort.

My phone vibrates next to me a moment later.

Been at the gym, didn't know when you would be home. Gonna meet up with Dex tonight, watch the game and have a couple beers. Won't be out too late. Love you.

Normally I'd be a little bothered that he didn't let me know sooner, but I was too tired to care tonight. I just wanted to chill and have a quiet night. So I sent him back a quick message saying ok and that I loved him back.

Turning my focus back to the TV and just catching one of my favourite scenes where Terry Crews is dancing at the club and moving his muscled pecks. I chuckle then catch myself yawning widely.

Feeling my eyes start to droop, I decide to just have a nap there on the couch, as I don't have the energy to traipse to the bedroom right now. Resting my head on the cushion behind me and with Ditz cuddled up to my side, I slowly start to fade into sleep while vaguely watching White Chicks in the background.

***********************

In what feels like the next moment, I'm standing in a dark corner watching Charles Porter looking at photos that are held in each of his hands. I'm once again dressed in dark clothing and have on a pair of leather gloves to minimise fingerprints.

Although my brain is trying to figure out how I got here again without my knowledge, at the same time I notice that the pictures he holds are of what appears to be a young blonde girl perhaps in her early twenties, undressing in her bedroom.

Rage consumes me instantly. My heart starts to thump in my chest.

My body moves of it's own accord and I take a step into the light and clear my throat loudly, wanting him to know he's not alone.

Charles whips around to face me, shock registering clearly on his face, eyes wide and his mouth is slightly ajar.

I smirk, pleased with myself for surprising him and pace forward slowly with my gloved hands clasped behind my back.

"Hello, Charles." I say keeping a blank expression on my features. I'm fighting with my emotions to keep myself from lunging at him and ripping out his throat.

He stumbles back a step, hitting the bench behind him and grabbing at it with both hands, therefore dropping the photos to the floor. I walk over to pick them up, I do not look at them however - my anger is already out of control and I need not add to it.

Charles has shuffled further away from me and now stands close to the centre of the room. There's a tool box sitting near his feet, but I'm not concerned.