Chapter 26

Hello again, and welcome to chapter 26! You may have noticed the video attached at the start of the chapter, this video/song works in with the chapter later on, you can either play it throughout reading or when the reference comes in. Either way, it's a great song and one that I'm crushing on at the moment.

Happy reading and thanks for joining me on this journey once again, you guys have gotten me to 1500 reads and I couldn't be more grateful for it. 

-------------------------------------

The sharp ding-ding message tone from my cell brings me out of my stupor.

I'd been daydreaming for who knows how long, while attempting to eat some breakfast. Blinking heavily, I stare down at the now cold piece of toast that hangs limp from my fingers and then look at my once steaming, hot coffee which now has a thick film on the top around the rim. Great. There goes my breakfast. Dropping the remains of my food onto my plate with a huff, I push it away and focus my attention on my phone.

Morning sunshine! I'll pick you up at 9, then we will be on our way to Vegas baby! Lyss xx

Smiling eagerly to myself, I type back.

Can't wait. Girls weekend!

Glancing at the time, I see that I've got roughly twenty minutes until her arrival. Alyssa is almost always punctual, and she hates waiting, so I had to get to it. My daydreaming had gone on a lot longer than I'd thought and I'd lost a big chunk of time.

Jumping up out of my seat, I walk into the bedroom and hastily pull out my little suitcase to pack a couple of outfits. I can't imagine that we will have much time to go out, but it's always better safe than sorry.

Next, I head into the bathroom and brush my teeth before packing my bathroom necessities. Throwing my hair into a loose bun for the ride, I grab my few must have items of makeup - lip gloss and eye shadow - followed closely by my perfume, after a quick spritz on my body.

Alex had headed out earlier to the gym, he knew I wouldn't be home this weekend and hates watching me pack, I flit around the house too much for his liking.

Fifteen minutes later and I'm ready to go. I take a seat in the lounge and flip the TV on, the news being my focus.

There is still no news about Belinda. I hadn't expected any as quickly as the other victims, because she's not sociable.

The rumble of Alyssa's car alerts me to her arrival, turning my head I look out the window where I see her yellow Camaro parked front and centre. I get up anxiously, switching the TV off and pick up Ditz before I put her out on the patio after a quick cuddle.

Grabbing my suitcase which sits by the door, I prance outside with a smile on my face. Throwing Alyssa a quick wave as I make my way to her car, I place my suitcase in her trunk. She had insisted on driving us - any opportunity to drive her car makes her even happier  - so I couldn't take that away from her.

"Hey." I say while sitting down in the passenger seat and buckling up.

"Good morning! Are you ready to get this shit started?" Alyssa says while grinning back at me with one hand resting on the top of the steering wheel. She's dressed in a short, baby blue dress with spaghetti straps, big Marilyn Monroe-esque sunglasses cover her eyes and her lips are smothered with a bright pink lipstick. To finish her look, her blond hair is braided neatly across her shoulder. She looks gorgeous, damn her.

"Can't wait." I say smiling back, my subconscious can't help but think of how drab I look in comparison, in my denim cut offs and black tee, plain as can be.