Fourteen: Just A Kiss

It had been three days since I had last seen Harry Styles. In those days I sat alone, never speaking or communicating with anyone. I had visited Ben Kyle's memorial bench one day, the weather had been stormy which definitely set the mood. Flowers had been brought, and all at once I had felt sad, ashamed, and guilty. Ben got what he deserved, after all of the terrible things he had done. It wasn't right, not at all, for me to tell the poor family to stop searching, it was all for nothing and Ben was dead. I felt horrible for giving them false hope.

"Katherine?" Simon knocked on my door softly. "Kat, I know you're in there. Please, open up."

I rubbed my eyes, pulling back the duvet and opening the door.

"What do you want?" I groaned. Simon's eyes dropped, scanning my body.

"You look like shit." He sighed.

I wrapped my arms around him. "I know." I let out a sad, pathetic, laugh. Simon closed the door, grabbing my hand and sitting on the couch. He opened his messenger bag and pulled out two discs.

"I brought Mean Girls and Up," He said. I smiled, leaning into his shoulder.

"You cheesball," I giggled, "I've just had a lot on my mind, Simon. I swear I wasn't meaning to ignore you guys, I just... God my life is screwed up." I sighed.

Simon smiled warmly. "You want to talk about it?"

I wanted to, believe me I did, but I know if I told him he would surely call the police, I had promised Harry I wouldn't tell.

"Harry and I had a fight." Well, that wasn't a lie.

Simon rose his eyebrows. "Oh? I thought you two were just friends."

"We are, or, we were." I nodded. "He just... I don't know. We kissed and we told each other we liked one another but... He doesn't seem like he wants that kind of thing. I don't even know if I want that kind of thing. I'm sorry, this is stupid to talk about."

Simon kissed my temple.

"I can't tell you what to do, so I'll say this; you and Harry will never be good together. But it's your choice to decide whether you and him will be meant to be."

Whut.

"Okay," I shook my head. "Let's forget about this okay? Let's just put in Up."

Simon eyes flickered away and he soon got up and put the movie in.

"So how's Andrea?" I asked.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing... It's just you and her seem to... You know..." I smiled.