Two: Wishes

Katherine pursed her lips, reluctantly opening her mouth to speak. What would she say? That she'd never seen a fight before? Of course she has, when she was little her parents used to hit her when she did something they didn't like, or when on her first date it ended so soon because Carter Mason punched her date to the ground. And of course, when Marshal Green and John Bills got suspended from school in 9th grade. Maybe it was because her parents kept her away from it this whole time. All the violence, darkness, danger in the world was catching up with her now.

"Just get some sleep, yeah? It will be fine." Andrea sighed, laying down.

Katherine looked at the small cupcake beside her bed with the dimly lit candle in it. The note beside it was in perfectly written script.

-Happy Birthday Sweetie!

Love, Mom and Dad.-

Sighing, she closed her eyes.

'I wish that my missing puzzle piece was filled, and that I'll find everything I've been looking for. A love that consumes me, a happy, free, beautiful life.' Kat opened her eyes, and blew out her candle.

"Happy Birthday Katherine." Andrea smiled, hugging her before turning her back to Kat and falling asleep.

Katherine wondered if wishes ever came true, but for now, she'd have to just depend on fate.

The next morning Harry had slept in until three in the afternoon. Late as always, he brushed the alcohol smell off his teeth and got dressed. Once he was done, he threw a hoodie over his shoulders and headed out the door.

"Late as always, I assume you have a reasonable explanation for this?" Kyle pondered at Harry once he had arrived.

"I slept in, not that it really matters." Harry shrugged. "I don't obey orders from you, Ben."

Harry was knocked to the ground and held there by two other men. He stuggled, but soon gave up. He was scared, yes, He was only ever really scared of him. Harry pushed the large men off and got on his feet.

"Don't you EVER call me that name again, you got that Styles?"

"Why not Ben? I thought we were going on first names by now. We've known each other for what? Two years? Why don't you use that name anyway? Ben. It suits you." Harry smirked, nodding at Ben Kyle, the leader of Harry's 'gang'.

"Whatever Harry, did you get the stuff or not." Ben rolled his eyes, stepping in front of Harry.

"Oh I got it alright. Went through hell to get it, too." He tossed a large bag at Ben, who, reluctantly, smiled and put a hand on Harry's shoulder.

"I can always count on you, Styles. Just... Lets stick with the last names, yeah? Now, let's go smoke this stuff and be done with it." He held up the bag of weed, and headed into the dark alleyway behind the large, grey building. Harry hesitated, but took a step towards them.

Katherine smiled at her appearance, she wore a band tee, who was Pink Floyd. She loved them, but they weren't the only music she listened to. She mostly liked Maroon5, Sleeping with Sirens, Mumford and Sons, and occasionally listened to Justin Bieber and Emblem3.

For pants she wore dark blue skinny jeans, and for shoes she wore her same old black converse, which were worn so much the sole was barely there anymore. They were dirty and trashed but she somehow loved them no matter what. Her hair was straightened, and only curls on the sides of her face. She wore only a little bit of mascara and eyeliner, and as for her lips she had on a peach scented lip gloss. Andrea was still passed out on the couch, possibly from drinking too much the night before. It was alright, she would only be gone for a little while.