Chapter 6

What do I do? What do I do? This can't be happening but it was. I must be crazy. No it was that damn book. I should have known better, I'm a writer for God's sake. I know how these this things work. My eyes flashed widen when I felt my light bold go on. When someone was in trouble someone was always there to save the day. If it was a knight, prince, or a passer byer. I will be saved, I smiled weakly, I hope I'm right or I'm done for.

"Why do you smile?" The Dark One raised one of his eyebrows. "It's bold of you to do so," he sounded almost surprised or was he really?

That's right, I'm the witch queen, Gwendolyn. So someone will surely come looking for me. Ophelia? This is her room, she and her guards should be here soon, right? God I hope I'm right. "What do you what?" I smiled trying to play the part.

"I what to kill and kill some more and after that kill again," he smirked devilishly showing his canines teeth.

Oh god, I'm going to die. I can't play this part after all. Where is my fairy godmother, so I can get my red slippers and get the hell home. "Guards!" I yelled through my teeth.

Before I can any more, the Dark One smacked his hand over my month, "I wouldn't do that if I were you, princess."

I felt my eye twitch, realizing this guy's hand was covered in blood. I wanted to thank Gwendolyn for wearing this thin layer of black silk on her face because this is so gross. Quickly I slapped his arm while pushing it away to get his hand off my mouth. "Get off me you ass! You're covered in blood. So gross, what if I get sick or get some kind of decease, god!" I yelled.

His eyes widen, "You surprise me, princess."

"Yeah, well I have been getting a lot of surprises to lately so if you could, back the fuck off!" I pushed him away as I started to fold my arms. "What do I do? I need to get back home, but I'm stuck in a book? I'm going to die here." I started mumbling to myself.

"What?" it was clear I was confusing him as well as myself.

"You wouldn't understand," I said glancing towards him before drifting my eyes to the floor again.

"I have heard stories about Queen Gwendolyn but not one was about her being crazy," the Dark One commented.

"Excuse me," I said raising my eyebrow like I was a mother talking to a child. "I'm not crazy and I'm not Queen Gwendolyn. This isn't real! None of it is. You're a fictional character someone made up and now I'm stuck in the book." I would see the imaginary question marks popping up around his head. "Look at any moment," I said pointing at the door behind me," guards are going to walk through that door with Ophelia. And if I'm right, Ophelia is going to get me," placing my hand over my chest," in trouble and blame me for this mess you created," I pointed at the blood bath he made. "I'm a writer, I write books. And I just want to go home."

He stood there for a moment, blinking, probably thinking about if he should kill me now or wait for me to say something outrageous again. That or I broke some kind of time continuum thing. I have no idea what I'm saying. "Your," I stood up straight as I held my breath, "crazy," he said slowly. I exhaled in defeat. I knew it, no one would believe such a thing.

"I knew it," I sighed.

"Are you trying to make fun of me," he asked glaring down at me.

"No," I signed once more, "I'm telling you the truth," I said softy looking away. We stood there quietly. I'm going to die, I can't run away, I can't use spells I'm useless, I thought.

That's strange, lifting my head I looking at The Dark One, "Hide," I whispered. "Hide! Now, under the bed," I whispered pointing at the large bed. "If you want to live do it now!" Slowly he moved to the bed," wait, wait! Cut my dress," he hesitated," just do it!" I hissed. He ripped the one end of my dress, dug his nails on my shoulder, the middle of my back, and cut my dress making it look like I got into a fight. Through it all I bit my lip soil wouldn't make a sound even when it hurt so badly. "Does it look like we fought?" I asked.

"Yes?" he hesitated.

"Good," I said pushing him down under the bed like a teenage girl finding her boyfriend from her parents. Rushing to the middle of the room I stood still facing the opposite direction from the door. Okay any minute now.

If Gwendolyn did walk in the room, no lie, she and the Dark One would fight. It would be a short one where he would get away. Glaring at the wall I curled my fingers into a fist. I have to play the part.

Three

Closed your eyes.

Two

Take a deep breath.

One

Open your eyes.

"Queen Gwendolyn!" A guard yelled busting through the door. Turning around, I found myself five guards and Ophelia walking through the door. "What is this?"

"Ophelia!" I yelled making her flinch. Boy, was she ugly. Was all witches really this ugly? "What did I tell you? You invited that beast into your room and when I came to apologize I find this!" I yelled straightening my hand out, pointing at the mess next to me. God this place is making feel sick.

"Queen Gwendolyn, did you fight the Dark One?" a guard asked.

"Yes," I firmly said.

"And got away?" Ophelia said raising an eyebrow. Fuck, I said something wrong.

"He ran away."

"The Dark One simply doesn't run away from a fight." I flinched at Ophelia's words, "he finishes it." Shit.

"Well I finished it," I said glaring at her. "Guards arrest her for treason for disobeying my orders. We now have a beast running our halls." Huh? No one was moving.

"Hehe," Ophelia laughed. I looked at the guards but none of them moved. "Oh dear sister, how easy was it to fool you."

"What?"

"Isn't lovely, everyone is under my spell. Guards arrest her!" she said pointing her fat chubby finger at me. "Queen Gwendolyn you are to be behead."

"For what!" I yelled.

"Nothing, I just hate you and," she huffed trying not to laugh, "the throne is mine. I'm tired of being treated like a child, being your shadow. It's my turn to run the show." I wouldn't help but sigh, I knew this would happen but not like this. "Any last words, sister?"

"Yea," I sighed letting my head hang low," You can come out now."

"What?" Ophelia said but it was too late. The Dark One lifted the bed that he hid under and throw it to the side. Closing my eyes, I saw this as my end. It was a pretty short story, I thought as I heard the guards yell and scream along with loud banging sounds. "What? Sister!" lifting my head I looked at Ophelia. "I'll get you for this?" she said running away.

Poor Gwendolyn, maybe it's a good thing she's not here. She lost her parents, her kingdom, and after rebuilding it her own sister betrays her. Looking at the poor fat son of bitch run I couldn't help but cry. Until I saw an arm fly across my face in slow motion. I think I'm going to be sick.