3.0 There has never been an us

Start from the beginning

"Then why can't she see that?"

"I don't know." Stiles sighed. "But, Imma call Scott and tell him what happened." Madison nodded. Stiles took out his phone and put it on speaker phone. "Yo, Scotty, we've got a serious problem at the school." Stiles spoke over the phone.

"Can you tell me about it later?" Scott asked him.

"Uh, nope." Madison smiled as she spoke into the phone. "I'm pretty sure that this qualifies for immediate discussion."

"Alright, then meet me at Derek's house."

"Derek's house? What?" Stiles frantically questioned. "What the hell are you doing at-"

"Just meet us here, okay?" Scott hung up the phone.

"Come on." Stiles grabbed Madison's arm and led her out of the school.

*

Derek's eyes glowed red as he looked at Scott's arm. Scott had asked him if he could do his tattoo for him. "Yeah, I see it. Two bands, right?" Derek asked as he traced it with his finger. "What does it mean?"

Scott sighed. "I don't know." He said to Derek. "It's just something I traced with my fingers." He traced it in the dust.

"Why is it so important to you?" Derek questioned him.

"Do you know what the word tattoo means?" Scott asked the alpha.

Stiles leaned foreword to answer the question. "To mark something."

"Well, that's in Tahitian." Scott stated. "In Samoan, it means open wound." Scott sighed. "I knew I wanted to get a tattoo when I turned eighteen. I always wanted one. I just decided to get it now, to make it kind of a reward."

"For what?" Derek asked him.

"For not calling or texting Allison all summer." Scott sighed as he answered the question. Derek nodded in response. "Even when I really wanted to, even when it was so hard not to sometimes. I was trying to give her the space she wants. Going four months later, it still hurts. It still feels like a-"

"Like an open wound." Madison finished for him. "Knowing that Lydia would never feel for me what I feel for her makes me feel the same way." She smiled as she patted her friend's back.

Derek sighed before grabbing some equipment. "The pain's gonna be worse than anything you've ever felt."

"Oh, that's great." Stiles mumbled.

"Do it." Scott stated.

Derek started the flame. "Oh, wow. That's a lot for me." Stiles sighed. "I'm gonna take that as my cue. Madison and I will just wait outside."

"Nope." Derek stopped the two as they started to walk away. "You can help hold him down." The two nodded before walking behind Scott.

Derek grabbed his arm and Madison groaned. "Oh my god...." Madison and Stiles pushed down onto Scott's shoulders.

Derek moved the flame to Scott's arm, and he started to scream. "Hold him." Derek told the two humans. Scott's eyes turned a brilliant yellow as he continued to scream in pain.

*

Scott's eyes widened as he awoke with a gasp. He looked down at his arm and smiled. "It worked.

"Well, that looks pretty damn permanent now." Stiles stated as Madison helped the werewolf up.

"Yeah." Scott smiled again. "I kind of needed something permanent." Scott sighed. "Everything that's happened to us, everything just changes so fast. Everything's just so-" Scott paused as he thought. "Ephemeral."

Stiles nodded. "Studying for the PSAT's?" He asked his best friend.

"Yep."

"Nice."

Scott opened the door, but noticed that one side was painted red, while the other was not. "You painted the door." He looked over at Derek. "Why'd you paint the door?"

"Go home, Scott."

Scott ran his hand up the door. "And why only one side?" Scott made his claws grow out and started to peal off the paint. When he was done, there was a symbol that was painted on the door. "The birds at school, and the deer last night, just like the night I got trampled by the deer when I got bit by the alpha." Scott sighed. "How many are there?"

"A pack of them." Derek answered him. "An alpha pack."

"All of them?" Stiles asked him. "How does that even work?"

"I hear there's some kind of a leader." Derek explained to the three teenagers. "He's called Duecalian. We know they have Boyd and Erica. Peter, Isaac, and I have been looking for them for the last four months."

"Let's say you find them." Scott stepped foreword. "How do you deal with an alpha pack?"

"With all the help I can get."

"Where is she?" They were interrupted by Isaac as he woke up. "Where's the girl?"

"What girl?" Derek asked him.

Word Count - 1227
Author's Note -
so as quickly as I can, I'm going to go through an update almost everything because there's a lot I haven't updated in a very long time! I'm sorry this chapter took me so long!
Please comment what you wish to happen in future chapters, and don't forget to vote!
Have a nice day, lovelies 💕