"Because they wanted to hurt him." Jack and Kurt turned their heads to see Blaine and Lyla standing by the door. Both men smiled and Blaine held up the bag from Breadstix with a raspberry cheesecake in it and Kurt gasped happily before he released Jack's hand and made grabby hands for it, smiling. Blaine chuckled and walked over, hugging Kurt before kissing his head and hands him the bag.

"Yess finally!" Kurt said.

"I tried to call you but you weren't answering your phone." Blaine said.

Kurt looked up apologetically and gasped when he saw it. A welt on Blaine's right cheek in the shape of a hand. He reached up and Blaine winced a little. Lyla and Jack watched the exchange from the doorway and had a conversation of their own.

"So?" Jack asked.

"Ben and I are looking into it. Turns out a cheer leading coach found video of the attempt and sent it to us. It matches Kurt's statement. We have the three boys in custody now but there's still a trial and Kurt has to testify."

"Give him time." Jack said, hugging his daughter to him. Lyla closed her eyes and sighed.

"Kurt I'm fine." Blaine said.

"What happened?" Kurt asked seriously. Blaine sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. He took Kurt's hand in both of his and kissed his knuckles.

Blaine walked into the choir room with his heart beating fast in his chest and his fingers tingling. He let out a deep breath and raised his head as he walked in and sat down. He ignored the looks and focused on what he would say as he closed his eyes and pressed his folded fingers to his mouth. A hand on his arm made him look over and he saw Santana smiling at him. She whispered, rubbing his back.

"How is he?"

"Getting better." Blaine whispered back.

Mr. Schue called up Blaine and Blaine swore that his legs turned to jelly and he could hear his heart beat harder in his chest as he walked down the steps and took a minute before he faced his friends and raised his head. He cleared his throat and the words spilled from his lips.

"I know we all remember that day that Kurt was found in the gym...beaten and um, blood covered." He took a breath.

"Yeah how is he? When is he coming back? Soon right?" Rachel said, sitting on the edge of her seat.

"Uh Kurt is doing better but the doctors still advise him to take it easy. He's looking better and everything." Blaine says, shuffling his foot on the floor. Why could he just say it?

"So??" Mercedes said.

"Is there going to be a Klaine baby? Did you name it?" Tina asked.

There was a lot of clamor from that and Blaine couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't the questions and the names and ended up slamming his fist down on the piano hard which made everyone jump and shut up. Blaine's nose flared and his hand shook as he brought it up to his face.

"You did it didn't you? You two gave it up. I knew you would because I know Kurt and broadway and New York is his dream-"

"HE LOST IT!!" Blaine yelled and everyone who didn't know gasped. Rachel looked shocked, her mouth covered.

"Wh-what?" She said.

"Kurt lost the baby. It was dying while he was laying on the gym floor after Azimio, Kurofsky and Rick punched, kicked and hit him. Azimio kicked him hard in the stomach. She didn't even have a chance after that. The damage was too much."

Rachel walked up and tried to put her hand on his shoulder but Blaine smacked her hand away and backed up.

"Don't."

"Blaine..."

"You were the least supportive. You told Puck to give Kurt a baby onesie? A book about getting back into the swing of things? How could you do that? You were his best friend Rachel!"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to."

"Yeah you say that now but I know that that's a lie and you're going to push him and act like a bitch again-"

A hand hit Blaine's cheek hard and he put a hand to his cheek. Santana walked over to him and looked at his face while Rachel stormed out and Blaine told Santana he was fine before he looked at the others and saw the girls with tears and the guys looking down. It was out. They knew.

"It was a she?" Mercedes asked, walking up to him. Blaine looked at her and nodded. Mercedes sighed and hugged Blaine tight. Blaine hugged back and that was what happened next. Each person came up and gave Blaine a hug or a kiss on the cheek and hug.

"And that's what happened." Blaine finished.

"I can't believe she hit you." Kurt said.

"Doesn't hurt that much really. How are you? I hope Grandpa wasn't boring you." Blaine chuckled and Jack laughed.

"Now Blaine you know you love my stories."

"Very true Grandpa."

Soon Burt, Carole and Finn came in and Carole chuckled when she saw all the people Kurt had in his hospital room. Ben had joined the Anderson family a little before the three arrived.

"Oh my, someone seems very popular." Carole said.

Kurt's smile grew bigger and he whispered to Blaine to help him up before he scooted to the edge. Burt tried to stop him and waved a hand.

"Whoa buddy. You don't need to get up. Really Kurt lay down."

"You'll love this Burt." Ben told him.

Blaine helped Kurt stand and Kurt took careful steps towards his father while Finn and Carole were surprised to tears. Kurt stumbled a bit and Burt caught him before he hugged him tight with tears in his eyes. His baby boy just walked to him. His son. His last tie to Elizabeth. He shamelessly let out a sob and Kurt sniffled, burrowing his face in his father's shoulder. Burt patted his back before Finn took his spot and hugged his brother tight. Kurt hugged back and then Carole came and kissed his cheek, stroking it softly while smiling proud at him. She helped him back to the bed and Kurt would be lying if he said that his heart didn't swell while he and Blaine shared a cheesecake surrounded by their family.