Chapter 42: Meghan

When I got the news about Harry being in the hospital I didn't know what to do. I knew that Ashley wasn't even in the country and I had no idea how she was reacting. I couldn't call her because it would have cost too much money, I just didn't know what the right chouce was going to be. I headed over to the hospital where the had placed Harry and saw all the boys in the waiting room. I walked over to them. They all looked terrified.

"Have any of you talked to Ashley?" They didn't answer me. They all stared blankly at the floor. "Guys, Ashley is his girlfriend someone needs to talk to her! I can't call her because I don't have all the money in the world like you guys do. My parents would absolutely kill me if I tried to charge like that. So please one of you just call and see if shes okay?"

"Our best friend, our bandmate is in the god damn hopsital dying and your worried about his girlfriend?! What kind of person are you?" Louis snapped at me. I knew Harry was his best friend but he had no reason to snap at me like he did.

"Liam can I barrow your phone?" He handed it to me and I walked out of the room and out to the street and called Ashley. I told her what was going on and she begged to come back. I knew how bad she needed to be here and I rushed inside. "Liam can I barrow you for a minute?" He agrred with a nod and walked out of the room just barely and looked at me. "Do you think you could buy Ashley a ticket, if not I'll convince my parents, but Ashley needs to be here either way." I looked at him.

"Harry would be stronger if she were here." He looked at me. "I'll do it just give me the phone when your done." I nodded and walked back outside, where a crowd of fans began to form. I told Ashley what was going on and she hung up the phone to pack her things. I ran inside and gave Liam his phone and went outside to deal with the fans. Normal me.

"Hey guys you can not be blocking the enterance and you can not be disturbing the hospital. I know you all want to kno what is going on but we will constantly update the twitter with current news and Harry's condition. We need for you guys to leave. As of right now we do not know any information. If you have anything you would like me to give him just set them on the ground and then leave. I will pick everything up and give it to him. I promise you. If you see anyone coming this way tell them to leave. Just please let him have his time. He will get better he is strong. Thank you for your concern." The crowd looked at me like I was crazy and did as they were told and left.

I walked around and picked up all that the fans had left for Harry and went back inside. I set all the stuff on the ground next to the row boys and sat across from them. "I got all the fans to go away."

"I got Ashley's ticket I called and let her know everything and what not." Liam's voice was soft and quiet. After a few seconds the room was back to silence. We waited around for hours with no news from doctors. The boys fell asleep curled up on each other I found it extremely cute. I had Liam's phone just incase Ashley called and I updated the twitter from there for the fans. Obvsiously, there wasn't much updating to do so it was an easy job. It was about 2 in the morning when the doctor walked into the waiting room. I woke the boys and they sat up fast at the sight of the doctor.

"We have him stable right now. That's about all. You guys may go in there but only for 5 minutes. Overload of new scents and bacteria will not be good for him. You will also have to cahnge into scrubs, wear masks and was your hands before entering the room." The doctors looked at us with concern. "Right now all we can do it wait. You all need to get your rest so we have set up and extra room for you guys at the end of the hallway." He pointed to the hall in which he was talking about. "Harry is in room 121, you can go see him now." He took us to the cleaning station and gave us our scrubs and we entered the room.

He looked awful, but I knew Ashley would think he still looked handsome. She loved him not matter his blemishes. It would kill her to see him like this. I honestly didn't know if I was going to let he see him like this, because I know it would break her down.

We toook our 5 minutes and then left the room. They boys all pulled each other in for a hug and did a group cry. It had to be one of the saddest things I had ever saw. I wasn't sure what to do. We went to the room the doctor had set up for us and sat on the beds. I updated the twitter which had a lot of feedback that I refused to share with the boys. I knew it would break them down more than they already were.

"Guys get your sleep I'll stay up just incase Ashley calls or the doctor comes back. I promise you that I won't let anything pass you by. You need your sleep." I looked at Louis who looked absolutely pitiful. The worse of all the boys and I walked over and hugged him tightly. It felt amazing to hug him again. I felt his arms wrap around me and he just cried into me. Niall, Liam, and Zayn all curled up on one bed and cried themselves to sleep. Louis cried into me as I rubbed his back and eventually fell asleep in my arms.

It was a quiet few hours before the light began to shine in through the windows of the hospital room, which awakened all the boys. I laid back onto the bed where Louis and I were and closed my eyes. I fell asleep before begin waken up a little while later, which only felt like I had gotten 30 minutes of sleep.

"Yeah Ashley, Meghan will be there in a few minutes. She just woke up. Yeah I think she can do it. You'll just take a cab? Alright. We're here. We'll see you in 20 minutes. I'll be down in the lobby then. No we haven't gotten any news yet. Alright. Okay. Bye." I rolled back over on the bed and closed my eyes again.

"Meghan, do you want anything to eat?" Louis voice was quiet in my ear. I felt his breath against my skin so I knew he was whispering. I shook my head in a motion. I was too tired to realize if I had said yes or no. "I'll bring you some fruit and you can pick what you want." I felt my hand reach forward and grab him. I wanted him to stay with me. "Liam can you grab me my usual and grab some fruit as well I'm going to stay here with Meghan just in case the doctor comes back."