Chapter 26: Harry

"Harold Edward Styles! What the hell did you think you were doing?! You were kissing your EX-girlfriend, whom you left for ME!" My girlfriend continued her endless ranting about what I did. It's not like I had planned for it to happen. Wake up this morning and decide that I was going to find Ashley, kiss her and wind up getting my ass whooped by my girlfriend. That would be incredibly stupid especially since me and her planned to spend the day together a couple days in advance. How stupid do you think I am? You know what, don't answer that, I don't want to even think of your answer you could be wanting to say.

While I tuned her out my mind wandered off to my "mistake" - well that's what she likes to call it. Your "mistake" this, your "mistake" that. It's complete nonsense, why can't she just say what it's really called instead of trying to make it sound more childish like when a kid draws on the wall or something. I cheated on her, right in front of her little face, and you wanna know something? I felt damn good about doing that. Call me a bad guy but I don't care. I finally got the chance to kiss the girl I had been wanting for a couple months now and of course the time I do get to kiss her I'm in a relationship. Hey God, Jesus, Buddha, whoever owns or controls the universe, you mind cutting me a little slack and stop throwing people in my way to mess up my mind set? Thank you.

"Harry! Are you even listening to me!?!!"

Kill. Me. Now.

*

"Hi! This is Ashley's phone, unfortunately for you, I'm not here right now. So if you want just leave your name and number and I'll call you when I get it. Bye!" After her final word the recording followed with a high pitched shriek and giggles erupting through the phone caused by a "certain someone." I remember the day she recorded it, it was the day after Niall came home and told us that he was going to ask Jennifer out. Not a happy day for us, seeing as though we though Jennifer was kind of witchy but first opinions change right? But anyways.

We were laying on her bed cuddling and occasionally kissing when she told me she was changing it. I quickly agreed to it because her first answering machine recording made her sound like she was drunk and I wasn't too sure her parents would be okay with hearing it. So when she was recording it I tried making her laugh to screw up which unfortunately she didn't crack. However at the end when she finished, that's when I got her. I grabbed her waist and pulled her close to me, tickling her senseless and watched as she starting laughing, struggling to turn off her phone. When she successfully turned her phone off and saved the recording I pressed my lips against hers and the rest, well that's between me and her. If you catch my drift?

I scratched the back of my head contemplating what I should start off saying. 'Well hey would probably be the smartest thing to say,' the idiot in me commented. I groaned twisting one of my curls around my finger tightly, wincing at my grip. "Hey Ashley," I began and the rest seemed to flow out uncontrollably. "I just want to let you know that I'm not sorry about what I did at the bakery today. I can't stop thinking about you know and maybe it's because I'm a tad bit horny but it's also because I love you still. I know it was horrible for me to have kissed you while I have a girlfriend because that's the same thing I did to you while we were together but I'm willing to break up with her to be with you." I took a deep breath, dropping on my bed. "I need to see you okay? Not while you're working and I'm just stopping in for a cupcake but legit see you. I want to take you out so we can talk about us and if you want to give us a second chance as much as I do we have to do this. So please Ashley, call me back because I really need to see you again." The recording machine stopped, letting me know I ran out of time but I took all the time I needed to get what I needed to say out of my system.

'She'll call,' I thought, 'she wouldn't not call. It's not like her.'

I was right. Later on when I was saying goodbye to my girlfriend, which involved a lot of groping on her part, she called. I'm not going to lie when I say that my stomach actually flipped when I saw her name pop up on the screen. I hadn't changed her contact name so when it popped up it read "Ash <3" so I'll have to make a note of fixing that. My phone's continuous ringing brought me to answer the phone before it went to my voice mail.

"Hello," I squeaked out, my eyes widening and quickly coughing. "I mean.. Hey." Smooth Harry, real smooth. I heard a giggling come from her side which obviously meant that she was smiling. She has a great smile all happy and full of life and.. Harry! I resisted the urge to slap myself. Get a grip on yourself! You can't make yourself be known as a fool who can't even have a single conversation with a girl you dated for nearly a year!

"Harry? Are you there?" she spoke softly as if I was a beast and sneaking up to attack me. It was cute hearing her talk like that and when she called me Hazza or Harold but those were more of turn ons. "Harry?" she sang out.

"Hey Ashley," I stammered. My heart was beating ten times faster than usual and this wasn't something that happens everyday. Must be something new or this only happens when I don't talk to someone I really actually care about for a long time. Either way, I'm not that fond of the feeling. It makes me feel like I'm going to have a heart attack and I'm pretty sure I'd rather do without one right now.

She took a deep breath and I could hear her reaching for something. Maybe it was a blanket? Usually when we're talking on the phone and I'm either on tour or she had to go home she'd always have the blanket I got her wrapped around her body. Maybe it was the same blanket I got her? I hope so. "I don't think you should call or text me anymore.." I felt like I was pushed off the empire state building.

"Wh-what? Why?"

"Earlier today your girlfriend came up to me and told me to stay away from you. Honestly, if I wasn't working I would have punched her snooty face but I couldn't. But.." I could hear move around in her seat, "She has a point. You've been texting me basically trying to get us back together but you have a girlfriend Harry. I've seen the pictures of you two making out online and everywhere. I look I'm not stupid okay? So please, if you're going to try and get me back at least break up with the tramp and not pull another stunt like you did at the bakery today. I almost go fired because of you."

To be honest I ignored everything after she said 'break up with the tramp.' That basically translates to I have a chance if I break up with her! Fuck yes this day is defiantly looking up big time for me. I cleared my throat and worded my words carefully in my head before I said anything that might make her take it the wrong way. "So you're saying... if I break up with her, we can get back together and pick up where we left off?"

"Maybe." Her answer was maybe! Even though maybe means either yes or no I can get her back and she can be mine as easy as 1,2,3. I mean, who can say no to this handsome face? Okay, I really need someone to slap me across the face for that one. Defiantly need a slap for that. I really need to stop hanging out with Louis so much. His cockiness is rubbing off on me.

"Listen Harry I really need to go okay? I'm tired plus I really need to go because I have a thing tomorrow and-" a yawn escaped from her mouth, "sorry. Good night Harry."

I grinned. "Goodnight Ashley. One question though." I heard her mummble a quiet 'okay' and took that as my answer to go ahead. "You still have my blanket I got you?" I heard no reply, only the stirring of a body on the couch and I got my answer. "That's what I thought. Goodnight Ashley."

"I hate you Styles."

"I love you too Ashley."