Chapter 19: Niall

I could tell Liam was hurting. I knew the lads wanted me to be mean to him but I just couldn't. Liam was one of my best friends, and best friends do not treat each other with disrespect. I sat next to him just to show him I was going to be there for him. On our own time he knew I had his back and that's what mattered. Niam, as the fan girls would like to call it, would always remain.

"Niall I'm losing my four best friends to a girl. I don't know what is going on in my life. I'm losing myself and I don't know what to do anymore. It's just hitting me now, that I've lost all that I have accomplished. This has been my dream for the longest and all us boys have talked about this before, and I'm losing all of it." I looked at Liam, he was stressed, and it was getting to him.

"Liam just remember that those boys care about you. They've come to dislike the girl your dating for many reasons, you have to know that. They hate that you have a girlfriend they wish they still had theirs. They hate that you spend all your time talking about her or talking to her. They feel replaced. They want your time, they don't want your time to be spent with her. Just remember what we were like before we had girlfriends, when we all had girlfriends, and when... well.. one if us has a girlfriend." I looked a Liam he completely understood what I meant.

Most of the time they guys didn't fully understand my train of thought. I guess it's the Irish in me they just don't quite understand. My sense of thinking is just a little bit different than theirs. I gave him a hug, that's what us guys needed to do. Being there for each other is what we are known for and I wasn't going to let that all go away because of a girl. I felt as though it was a little disrespectful of the other lads to treat Liam like this. To treat Liam to an extent where he was no longer comfortable in all the decisions he was making in life.

"I'm lost Niall." Liam's expression was blank. This was a conversation all the boys needed in on. I didn't want to tell Liam that but I think deep down he knew it to. All the guys needed to know how Liam was feeling. Maybe they, themselves, would understand how he is feeling and they would see what they are doing wrong. "I am so lost in life."

"Pick your head up Liam. You are living a dream that millions of people would love to live. Just because things aren't going perfectly doesn't mean that you need to get down. We need to just have a group meeting where we all state how we are feeling. There Liam, is where you will let that lads know how you're feeling. I know they'll give you and attitude but just don't let that get to you. Just tell them how you feel and have that be that." I could tell Liam was feeling a bit better. I had that affect on people. I had the power to simply change their horrible day into a absolutely amazing one. I could never see a person upset because it rips my heart apart.

"I knew you'd have my back Niall, thank you." Liam gave me a hug and stood up. "I feel a lot better now." With that Liam left my room and I slowly finished getting dressed.

I went into Zayn's room knowing he'd have food laying around somewhere. He was in the bathroom doing his hair when I walked in. I knew that's what he was doing because as he answered the door he had his hair brush in hand. "Hey Zayn you got any food in here?" He looked at me like I was crazy.

"What happened to all the food you have Niall?" He voice had the sound of shockedness. I didn't know why. He knew how much I loved food. I saw his thought begin to clear as he realized that I ate it all. "Yeah I got food you want it?" He pointed to the corner of the room where the food sat. I walked over and began to eat it.