Chapter 9: Niall and Jennifer

It felt like Jenny and I had left the scene of the party. It was quiet, there was tons of food, and the light was dimmed. It was like we were at a romantic candle lit dinner, just the two of us. The way she looked seemed so effortless, it was like she didn't even have to try. I took a bite of food that lay on the table in front of us and continued to study Jennifer.

"You always got to eat don't you Niall?" She sounded so cute. I just wanted to pick her up and spin her around.

"You know I love food." That was a fact, I had proven many of times to her. But it wasn't that I loved to eat the food I just loved all types of food. I would eat pretty much anything that was put in front of me, especially if I was hungry. Jen on the other hand was different. She was shy about what she ate. Around me, she knew she could be herself, but she never liked to eat more than a few bites. It wasn't that she was shy about eating, it was just sometimes I ate things she didn't and she would eat a little of what I had even if she didn't like it. She was a girl who would do anything to make you smile, and since she was that way, I was always like that back to her.

"Of course chunky." Her hand reached over and tried to grab my stomach. I knew she was just joking around with me, I laughed and her laugh followed. I grabbed her hand before it left my stomach and brought it up to my lips and kissed it. Her smile radiated, it could have caught any guys eye that saw it.

I loved walked with her by my side. Every time we walked passed a guy and he looked her up and down, I would pull her close to me so he knew she was mine. That feeling of her being mine was a feeling that I couldn't even begin to explain. I felt like the luckiest guy in the world. No matter how cliche that sounds, it was the truth. Jennifer and I had been together the longest. Though we didn't make it official until after some of the other lads had gotten girlfriends. It may be sounding like our relationship is perfect but that's far from the truth. We've had fights that have almost broken us up, and we do argue, because honestly, who wants a perfect relationship? In a perfect relationship there is no room to grow, and I believe that over time that perfect relationship will be a relationship that's not so perfect.

"I think I'm perfectly fine." I smiled at her.

"Of course you do Niall." My mouth opened like I was hurt but she knew I was only playing and she laughed at my expression.

"You would love my chunk if I had it. Don't even deny it girl." I looked at her and I couldn't help myself, I had to kiss her. My lips kissed hers' and I pulled away smiling at her. It was weird that kiss felt different. Butterflies went through my body, it was exhilarating. I felt my face got hot, and my heart racing. I kissed her again not wanting the feeling to stop.