Chapter 21: Ashley

I sat at the bakery just waiting for a customer to walk in. I actually enjoyed when we were busy. It kept my mind off the ridiculous web sites and rumors. Life had been different after Harry and I split. It was like everything changed as soon as it happened. I felt as though I had grown up more than I had in the past few years. Niall and I barely spoke, the girls and I didn't speak at all, well besides the occasional time where they came into the bakery while I was working. The sad part about everything, was that I was working at the exact same bakery Harry had worked at when he was younger. The owner knew me well enough to know not to bring up Harry, and I was lucky for that. It wasn't a perfect job but it got me through the days.

A few more months went by and for some reason Harry had began to text me. It was weird seeing his name pop up on my phone, being the fact that he was 'seeing' some blonde haired girl. He was still on tour and I was still working at the bakery. My phone was in the back, in the pocket of my jacket. A girl that I worked with walked out with my phone in her hand.

"Hey girl, your phone was ringing back there. I thought I'd bring you it since we're not busy." She placed my phone on the counter in front of me and I picked it up to look at it. Harry Edward read across my screen. Everyone was in my phone by first and middle name, I don't know why, but I enjoyed seeing the middle names of all my friends. I put my phone back down on the counter not even bothering to read the text message he sent me.

"Thanks girl." I sighed and looked at her. "You obviously know that Harry's been texting me lately and I don't know what to do." I put my back toward the door and faced the back of the bakery. "He has his new blonde girl, so I don't know why he's even trying to get me back." I heard someone enter the shop but I didn't stop talking. "It's like 'I think Ashley's too stupid to look on the Internet and see that I'm seeing another girl so I'm just going to play her.' like who does he think he is." My friends eyes stared at the person who was now headed toward the counter and I turned to see who it was.

"He's mine, so you better back off." The blonde girls face appeared in front of me. Was I living a nightmare or what? I pinched my hand to see if I was sleeping, I wasn't. Just great. "Get out of Harry's life okay?" Who did this girl think she was?

"Excuse you?" Not the right thing to say to her. She was livid.

"You heard me you spoiled little brat." I wanted to reach over that counter and slap her. Harry was coming at me not the other way around. How was I getting blamed for all of this?

"Harry is the one texting me." I pulled out my phone and pulled up the text Harry had just sent me and placed my phone on the counter and slid it toward the blonde. "Proof right here. Now I think you better go before the paparazzi show up. We don't need your prissy little bitchy attitude ruining our lives. Harry left me and now he's running back I'm sorry you don't fulfill all he needs. So now that you have all the right information you should.." I looked up and all I seen was a head full of curls walk in through the doors of the bakery. I felt like time stopped I felt my heart sink into my stomach, it felt like it was jumping out of my chest.

"Beautiful." His face looked up from the floor. His green eyes just shined as they met mine. Our eyes were locked. He stopped midway through the bakery and just stared. My heart was definitely racing, it felt amazing. I hadn't felt this way in a long time. I wanted to jump over the counter and wrap my arms around him but I couldn't. It was the first time I had saw him in person since we broke up. I turned around grabbing my phone of the counter and sliding it into my jeans pocket. "I told you not to come in here." I couldn't control myself I spun back around.

"So she's beautiful, she's all you want huh? How would you feel if I went out in that road and stood in the middle of traffic just waiting for a car to go crashing into me. You'd be dying inside Harry. Don't even dare say you love this girl because we all know you're just with her to have sex. It's what you are with every girl for." He's green eyes locked back with mine. "You think sending me texts is helping your little situation with her, because it's not." More people began to walk into the bakery, but I wasn't going to stop now. "Admit it, you still love me, and I still love you. You miss holding me in your arms and right now, your standing their looking extremely handsome with your pants barely staying on over your butt thinking, I want to walk over and hold her in my arms but the girl I'm seeing right now is standing here." Harry didn't move, he didn't say anything and I knew I was right. I looked at the line of customers that stood behind Harry. I motioned for them to step forward around Harry. "How may I help you?"

Harry stood in the middle of the bakery for a good 5 minutes before moving over to the side grabbing the blondes hand. Seeing that in a way broke a piece of heart but I knew in my heart that Harry would come back later by himself. After about 15 minutes I got busy giving everyone what they wanted that I didn't even know if Harry had left or not. After the crowd had diminished, I looked around to see Harry still standing there. "Can you get the counter for a little?" I turned to my friend and she nodded and I went out and walked over to Harry and sat across from him.

"Why are you still here Harry? You have no reason being here." His eyes looked up from his phone and met mine.

"You were right Ashley. I miss you. I love you. And I need to do this." He leaned over the table and planted a kiss on my lips. His lips felt soft and moist, just as they alway did. As he pulled away I got the scent of mint lingering in my nose. He eyes looked into mine. "I'm sorry for leaving you. I'm sorry for cheating on you. I'm sorry for everything." I leaned over and kissed him again placing my hand against his cheek.

I pulled away fast realizing what I was doing. This is the most disrespectful thing a person can do. I will not be the girl that Harry Styles cheats on his girlfriends with. I know what it feels like to be cheated on by him and it hurts. No matter how much I disliked the girl, I would never hurt a person the way I've been hurt. No matter how much I loved Harry and no matter how much he loved me, cheating was not right and I was no going to let it happen anymore. I couldn't even take Harry back if I wanted to. He hurt me so much and I don't want to go through that again, so there is no way that I am going to take him back. At least not now.

I glanced at him and his eyes were focused on the table. I think him, himself was realizing what he was doing wrong. His lips began to part and words began to flow from his mouth. "I'm sorry Ashley. I shouldn't have done any of that. I shouldn't even be here. We both know this. As much as I love you I need to go." He got up placed something on the table in front of me and walked out the door.