Chapter 30: Louis

"Do you think we'll ever get back together?" I asked her. She looked down at her hands, chewing on her bottom lip thinking. It was times like this that I really missed, when we'd be sitting together in complete silence. Not the awkward silences but the silences that you planned because you needed to think or just felt it was needed. I took a step closer to her which only resulted in her taking a step back. "What's going on Meghan?" She just stood there, not saying anything.

Okay, I know I said missed the times when we sat there in non-awkward silences but now the silence has turned into an awkward silence and I'm not a fan. She looked up at me and sighed. "I can't stop thinking about you. I keep thinking about you laying next to me at night and I honestly got so lost thinking about you that it was almost as if you were right next to me." A smile played on the corner of my lips hearing the words come out. She still loves me. "I.. I just think we should be friends for right now." I think I heard something crack. My heart maybe? I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Did the way I feel show on my face? If it did, defiantly didn't settle well with her. "It's just.. we haven't talked or anything and I don't want to get into a relationship and find out you've changed or I've changed and neither of us like it."

I shook my head, grabbing her hand and pulling her close to me. "I won't stop feeling the same way I've felt about you since I met you babes." She pulled her hand away from mine and wrapped it around her midsection. I groaned and reached out to touch her which only received in a slap. "Dammit Meghan. Why are you pushing me away?"

"I'm not pushing you away!" she practically screamed. I looked at her with shock. "It's just now when I see you I get mixed feelings. Half of me wants to kiss you while the other half of me wants to flip out on you for what you did to me." Her phone rang, taking her attention away from me and to her phone. "I have to go," she turned to walk away but as soon as she took the first step I grabbed her arm and turned her around.

"Just friends." I told her. "I think I can live with that, I mean, as long as I get to see you or talk to you I guess I can handle it." She grinned, telling me to talk to her tonight and ran off. I watched her run off and immediately ran off to the band.

Please be on, please be on, please be on. Yes! I quickly clicked on her username and hit the "call" button. While the call was being placed I checked my reflection in the mirror to make sure I didn't look like a drunken idiot - which was what I was going to be if I had anymore drinks. The screen read, "call upload" and soon after her face popped out on the screen. She held up one finger before turning her body so she laid on her stomach with her elbows propped up. "Hi." she whispered.

I looked at the time: 2:45 am. Damn, I really have to fix my sleeping schedule. "Did I wake you up" She shook her head, making a haphazard attempt of hiding her yawn. "Sorry," I laughed, "We just got back from a party so I thought I'd take you up on your offer to call you." Meghan nodded, pulling a blanket over her shoulders.

"Niall posted a thing on twitter about it and so did Eleanor." Eleanor? How'd she know she know Eleanor was there? I get the most obvious reason is that she posted it on twitter but I remember Meghan saying she hated her because she thought she used me for fame. "Did you talk to her?

I shrugged, moving around on my bed trying to figure out a good way to say what happened. "I hung out with her for majority of the party really. Liam and Niall were playing beer pong and Zayn and Harry were bothering Caroline and some other girl that was with her." I looked up at her to see her face looking.. really pissed off. "We only talked though nothing else happened between us." I think. There was one point during the party that I kind of blacked out- well not like I passed out but I just-

"She messaged me and told me that you guys were talking about getting back together too." The enthusiasm in her voice was completely sarcastic and made my stomach churn. I think I blacked out because of that whole conversation. She brought it up after I had a couple of beers and as soon as she said that I told her I had to piss and didn't go back to her. She found me, unfortunately, and brought me over to a couch, telling me we needed a "heart to heart" as she called it. So I had to spend an hour and a half listening to her telling me how we'd be perfect together while I was watching TV, wondering why someone would want to hook up with JWoww and why that pot head girl from Teen Mom was still on the show. "Are you guys going to get back together?" she asked. I pulled myself away from my thoughts and looked at her, giving her a reassuring smile.

"The day I get together with her is the day when the Earth ends." She laughed, "I want you too know though I dated her once and it was the worst mistake I ever made. Plus, she did more of the talking than I did so you don't need to worry." Meghan nodded and I watched as her eyes fluttered trying to keep open. "We can talk in the morning if you want?" She shook her head. "Well all right. We can keep talking," I looked around for something to talk about, "Do you remember my blue beanie? I tried looking for it and I haven't found it."

Meghan slowly got up from her bed, stretched and walked over to a box. Putting her hand in it she fumbled around looking for something, once she found it she walked back over to the computer. "You mean this?" She pulled the beanie on her head. I laughed.

"Where'd you get that from?" I asked.

"When we were together, I was wearing it and you told me it looked good so I could keep it and it's in my box with everything from you." She looked at me shyly as if keeping things from our relationship was embarrassing. Hell, I still have things from us dating but am I going to say that? Hell no. She's a girl and I'm a guy not really sure how that'd turn out.

I smiled. "Can I see whats in the box?" She nodded and went back over to grab the box and brought it back over. She pulled out a couple of my shirts, three pictures of us together at our cd release party and a stuffed bear that I'd won at a carnival. Okay I lied about the wining part. I can't throw to save my life so I had to pay $50 to get the freaking bear and I had to take the carni's daughter out for dinner. At least I got the bear.

We kept talking until five am when Meghan really started to loose it. Usually when we stay up talking or fooling around when she's tired she just starts falling in and out of sleep but now she acts drunk and passes out every five minutes, resulting in me yelling at her to wake up.

I watched her yet again pass out and yelled her name. She woke up quickly and fell onto the ground. "I'm up! I'm up!" she crawled back onto the bed and rubbed her eyes. "What time is it?"

I checked the clock on my computer. "6:12." Her eyes widened and looked down at her clock and around the room to her alarm clock. "I think you should go to sleep." She looked at me and immediately rolled her eyes. Way to go Captain Obvious.

She yawned and grabbed the bear from the box holding it close. "I want you to stay online... do.. don't log off." She smiled goofily at me. "I want.. i want you to be the first thing I see in the morning."

I nodded quickly, watching her leave and coming back a couple minutes later in my shirt and her Liverpool sweats. She tiredly moved the computer over so it was on her end table and got under the blankets. "Goodnight babes," I told her. She waved at me before turning her back to the screen and all I heard was the sound of her breathing.

I stayed online for the rest of the morning, not going to sleep, wanting to stay up so I am the first person she sees in the morning. It was around twelve when I heard the door open and somebody called her name. Meghan's body stirred a bit, pulling the blankets over her head. I heard the anon's footsteps on the floor go over to her bed in crawl under the covers, looking over at the computer screen and shutting it off.

The last thing I saw before she was logged off was a guy's face. He let the program shut off and buried his face into her hair before smirking at the screen. I felt realization come to hit me like a ton of bricks, she was playing me.