42|| Make Up Your Mind

3rd person point of view

Every action we take always has consequences. Some are for good and bad. It is up to us to work out what action we take. We can control how the consequences come. We're only human, we all make mistakes but what if we could control the mistakes we make. Would we put ourselves in hot water for the fun of it? Do these things because we want to? We get so caught up in the wind that we can't seem to get out and find a clear path. But that is up to us, we need to help ourselves get to a safe path and let the storm die down.

"Dinner is almost ready, you two took awhile." Sauli says towards Adam and Tommy as they walked into the lounge room.

"Tommy decided to take a shower and we got caught up talking." Adam smiles softly. Sauli pushed down the feeling that Adam was lying.

"Adam, could I talk to you please?" Sauli spoke softly. The room fell suddenly quiet and unsure glances were shared. Adam nodded as they headed upstairs to talk.

"Is Säde asleep?" Adam asked as he walked towards their wardrobe. He removed his jacket and hanged it up on a clothes hanger.

"Yes." Sauli replied bluntly. "What really happened at Tommy's?"

Adam frowned. "I told you what happened."

"There's more to the story and I know it. I'm not stupid, Adam."

"Sauli, nothing happened. He had a shower and I just waited for him to get out, that's it."

Sauli sighed. He could see through Adam's lie. "So you're telling me nothing happened between you two?" Adam stayed silent. "What happened, then?"

"Nothing."

"Do not fucking lie to me!" Sauli yelled in frustration. He sat down on the bed. "Did you kiss?"

Adam felt the guilt climbing up his throat, ready to consume him. "Yes." He whispered.

"What?"

"YES!" Adam shouted suddenly. His stare went to his hands that were trembling.

"Okay." Sauli replied calmly.

"I'm sorry." Adam spoke, his voice ready to break. "I fucked up again."

"We are getting married soon, Adam. Do you not want to be with me anymore?"

"I do, baby."

"Then why?

"I don't know, Sauli." Adam spoke truthfully.

"I want the truth, Adam."

Adam sighed in frustration. "You say you want the truth, but you can't take it, so I give you lies." He sighed heavily. {Mmmm song lyrics come in handy ;)}

"I need you to make up your mind, Adam." Sauli groaned. "You either want to marry me or not. That is a choice YOU need to make. You can't keep doing this bullshit with Tommy. You're playing with his head and mine! We have a family, a daughter and you want to ruin that?" He stood up, opening the bedroom door. "Make up your mind before it's too late." He simply shut the door.

Adam stood there in silence. He didn't want to lose Sauli nor Tommy...

Sauli walked into the kitchen, getting himself a beer as he sat down at the kitchen table with everyone else.

"Is everything okay?" Tommy asks as he sees the pain present in Sauli's eyes. Sauli didn't want to get mad at Tommy, Adam obviously made the first move...

"Yeah, everything is fine." Sauli forced a smile. He was hurting...

Adam walked into the room, Sauli saw him look towards Tommy.

"Could you help me with dinner, Tommy?" He asked softly before walking into the kitchen. Sauli bit his tongue and kept his head down as he watched Tommy stand and follow Adam.

"You and Sauli got into an argument over me, didn't you?" Tommy whispered as he was handed a dish of vegetables. Adam simply nodded. "Well tell him it won't happen again." Tommy spoke, walking away. Adam groaned as he brought the roast and potatoes into the kitchen, setting them down.

"Dig in everybody." Adam smile softly. He sat down at the end of the table, across from Sauli.

Everyone quietly plated up their food and started eating. No one really knew what to say, the tension was so thick.

"Can you cut my food, Mommy?" Bridget spoke softly, breaking the silence. Lisa chuckled and starting cutting up her meal.

"So, Tommy." Neil spoke, taking a drink. "You didn't bring anything in when you got here."

"I thought I should stay at my own place for a bit." Tommy smiles softly. Adam shared an unsteady glance towards Sauli.

"Oh? Why the sudden change?" Lisa questioned. She finished cutting Bridget's food up and was now eating hers.

"I think Adam and Sauli should have time for themselves and Säde." He replies, continuing to eat.

"Well that's very generous." Lisa smiled. She wasn't stupid, she knew something was going on between the three men. Especially when Sauli looked as if he was about to explode and kill Tommy.

As Adam went to take a drink, Säde started crying loudly.

"I'll get her." Sauli spoke, placing his napkin down. Adam was already standing.

"I can do it, Sauli. Sit and eat." He smiled softly.

"Adam really, I can ge-"

"She's my daughter too!" Adam snapped. Sauli stood, looking straight into Adam's eyes. "I can attend to her." He spoke, walking upstairs.

"Are you sure everything is okay?" Lelia questioned as Sauli slowly sat down again.

"Of course, we are both just tired." Sauli says, sending a reassuring smile.

Adam walked into Säde's room, he turned on the light and walked towards her cot. He picked her up and started to sooth her. Her cries soon faded and she was slowly falling back asleep.

"Guess you just wanted some comfort." Adam whispers softly. "I think we both do, hey." He chuckles quietly. He wiped away a stray tear. "God forbid you ever feel the way I do, do the things I do or say the things I do. I will NEVER let you feel like me, I only want you to feel happiness and joy." He sighed. He gently places her back into the cot but then she starts crying again. "Fine, fine. Here is what I'll do." Adam spoke. He climbed into her cot and uncomfortably laid next to Säde, she settled down instantly. "I love you." He whispered, kissing her softly on the forehead as he drew circles with his finger on her stomach.

Hey guys! It's the 15th here in Aus and I did promise an update on this date so here we are! Please enjoy! 💘