10|| I Love You

It had been a few days since Adam's attempt to jump from the cliff, today was the day he was able to leave the hospital and he felt nothing more than to get home to his bed and some real food, even though he knew he wouldn't eat much. Adam had been a stubborn shit to the doctors, refusing to speak to any of them, but they didn't mind, as long as they could check up on his now and then, they were happy.

"You all ready to go home?" Sauli asks as he stands at the doorway. Sauli wasn't going home anymore which means he is an outcast in his family, which he said he always has been so he doesn't care anymore, all he cares about is Adam. He is also moving in with Adam within the next week, saves him from staying in a small apartment and Adam could do with the company.

"Yeah just need my shoes." Adam spoke quietly to Sauli. Adam wanted to get better, for Sauli and Tommy. Allison has gone on holidays to Thailand and won't be back until the end of year.

"I'll wait outside, okay?" Sauli smiles as he walks away. Adam finished putting his shoes on and groaned. He was still pretty sore from his incident but he didn't want to tell anyone as they'll keep him in longer.

Sauli had jumped in and saved him that evening, he could have died alone with Adam but he jumped without any hesitation, they haven't spoken about it since it happened but Adam wanted to thank Sauli... For saving his life. He had a purpose now, and Sauli was his purpose.
Adam walked out the room to be met with Sauli who smiled softly at him.

"What were you thinking for dinner?" Adam asks as they walk out of the hospital doors, once again none of Adam's family had come to visit. Sauli called Neil to tell him what happened, he said he'd visit Adam but never came and that was almost a week ago...

"Chinese!?" Sauli smiles happily as he gets into the drivers seat.

"Haven't had that in ages, I would love some!" Adam laughs gently.

"Do you mind if I ask a question?" Sauli asks as they stop at some traffic lights.

"Of course."

"Do you ever think about making a career out of your singing?"

"A career from my voice? Yeah, I doubt that it would work out." Adam chuckles.

"well you are amazing and your voice is just pure gold, maybe think about it?"

"hmm, I'll keep it in the back of my mind."

Sauli pulls into Adam's, their, driveway, turning off the ignition he looks at Adam.

"home sweet home." He smiles.

"forgot how much I missed it." Adam laughs as he gets out the car.
They enter the house, Adam puts his phone, keys, and medical forms on the hallway table, grabbing the house phone. "What do you want to order?!" Adam yells out to Sauli.

"Just whatever you're getting!" He yells back, Adam walks into the kitchen where Sauli is.

As he finishes ordering he sets the phone down, wrapping his arms around Sauli.

"I missed you." Adam speaks softly, Sauli turns around, hugging Adam but Adam winces in pain.

"Are you in pain?!" Sauli says, panicking.

"just still a bit sore." Adam chuckles.

"They said if you felt anymore pain, you needed to stay." Sauli frowns.

"hence why I didn't tell them." He groans. "and besides, it's nothing painkillers won't solve."

"I'm just afraid." Sauli sighs.

"Of what? Me overdosing?" Adam scoffs, immediately regretting it. "I didn't mean it like that, Sauli."

"I know, I know, I just can't lose you." Sauli speaks quietly. Adam holds his cheeks, making him stare directly into his eyes.

"You won't lose me, I'm staying." He smiles reassuringly, kissing Sauli's lips.

But a thought remained in the back of Sauli's mind, what if he does try again? What if he won't be there to save him and he is gone forever...? One can never really get over depression nor suicidal thoughts, you can only work on how to push it to the darkness of your mind, hoping that it stays there for good.

"I'm sorry that your family didn't come see you, Tommy and I did try to contact them."

"Heh, fuck them, I'm better off without them." Adam laughs sarcastically. But truth be told, he wants his Mom and brother so bad, he even misses his asshole of a father...

"You don't mean that?" Sauli questions, frowning a little.

"No, not really." Adam sighs deeply.

Before another word is said, the doorbell goes off and Adam walks away to answer it. Sauli stood in the kitchen, he didn't want Adam to lose his family, he had already lost his and he knows how much it hurts, he doesn't want Adam to feel that way, ever. He just wishes he could take away all of Adam's hurt heart and replace it with his. He wanted Adam to be happy.

"I come baring gifts!" Adam laughs, walking back into the kitchen. Sauli grabs some plates and sets them on the table, Adam sits at one end and Sauli at the other. "I wanted to thank you." Adam spoke suddenly as they started eating.

"for what?" Sauli questions.

"Saving me."

"Adam you don't need to be talking about this."

"No, I do. Just, you risked your life jumping in that day and we could've both died."

"but we didn't."

"I remember as I was getting put in the ambulance, the lights were blinding and I was confused but one thing that stayed on my mind, 'where was Sauli?' they wouldn't even tell me anything and I was petrified, I was so scared that my fuck up had cost you your life." Adam explains, a tear down his cheek.

"I saw you get taken away, I was getting questioned and wasnt allowed to see you, Tommy was freaking out, I, I was in so much shock that I could barely think, let alone think."

"I- I just..." Adam started but immediately broke into tears, Sauli rushes to his side, holding him. "I'm so sorry, Sauli, I am so sorry." He cries. "I'll never stop apologising."

"Adam, you have nothing to be sorry for, okay!? You're going to get better, you're going to recover, okay!?" Sauli reassures.

"I love you, Sauli." Adam speaks, his voice breaking. "I love you."