23|| I Need You Now

"Adam, time will go so fast, it'll feel like I've been here a day." Sauli says softly. Adam sighed.

"It'll feel like years, Sauli." He spoke quietly. He was visiting Sauli in prison, it had been less than a week since Sauli was here but to Adam, it felt like months. "I can't believe you're here and he's not."

"I know, babe, but I brought this onto myself, I didn't have to do what I did, but I did it anyway and I do regret it, now that I'm in here." Sauli spoke, his eyes darting around the room.

"I just wish you were with me, Sauli..." Adam felt horrible, his fiancè had to be taking the consequence for what Adam could've done...

"I wish I was there... Not here. It's hell here, arranged meals, that, might I add, tastes like complete shit." Sauli chuckled softly. "It's going to ruin me here, I can feel it."

"Just don't drop the soap, don't want my man becoming someone's bitch." Adam laughs gently, Sauli laughed. "Seriously, babe, I just can't sleep without you near me, knowing there's a cold, empty spot where you should be."

"Adam, can you promise me one thing while I'm here?"

"Of course. What?"

"Be strong for me. Don't fall into that hole again, I need you to be strong."

"I will." Adam smiles warmly. "Tommy is on guard, basically living in my lounge room, I tell him he doesn't need to babysit but he's just as stubborn as I am."

"Good. Do you have any news on your singing?"

"They want me to perform for the AMA next week, I don't know if I can do it."

"Look, I will be watching okay? I will be there, supporting you, do you understand? I want you to go out there and rock that stage!" Sauli says sternly.

Adam smiles. "Of course, I will do it for you babe."

"Visiting times now up! Please say goodbye and leave in a respectful manner." A guard speaks sternly, his stare was cold and lifeless.

Adam and Sauli stood, hugging tightly.

"Same time next week?" Adam asks as they hug.

"Same time." Sauli whispers. They say their final goodbye and Adam leaves the room.

Sauli left the visitors area and walked back to his bunk. He felt empty without Adam..

"What'd you do?" A voice spoke, Sauli looked up to see his bunk mate, Andy. He was almost 6ft tall and had blonde hair, this was the first time Sauli heard him speak.

"Property damage and assaulted an asshole." Sauli chuckles as Andy sits across from him. "He was a homophobic dickhead that needed to be taught a lesson."

"Good on you, homophobic people annoy me, shoving their beliefs down your throat, making you feel as if you were a burden." Andy spoke.

"What'd you do?" Sauli asks.

"Shot my brother." Andy chuckled. "He was sleeping with my wife and I snapped."

"I'm sorry, man."

"Nah, don't be, he died in hospital and I swear, I felt nothing but pride. He was a home wrecker that deserved nothing."

"You got family outside of here?" Sauli spoke, lifting his legs and crossing them.

"None. I've got nowhere to go after I do my sentence. I'm a low life that is worthless." Andy sighs. "Yourself?"

"Got a fiancè." Sauli replies, he handed him a photo. "A few friends but that's it."