12|| Unexpected Kiss.

It had been a month since Adam had almost killed himself, a month of happiness and bliss thanks to Sauli, today was the last day of Adam's hiatus from teaching, he was eager to go back and do what he loves. He hasn't opened the letter his father left for him, he hasn't had the courage to, it's been sitting on his mantle piece.

"Adam? Are you ready?" Sauli called out from downstairs, they were going to Tommy's for a BBQ, Tommy had invited them to celebrate not only the end of Adam's hiatus but the one month that Adam has been clear of self harming, it was hard for Adam but with the help of Sauli and Tommy, Adam was able to calm the demons running through his mind.

"Yeah, coming!" Adam yelled back, leaving his room and heading downstairs to see Sauli standing there, smiling. "Why are you smiling?" Adam asks, making his way down the stairs.

"No matter how many times I look at you, I still think it's my first time seeing you." Sauli giggles softly.

"Aren't you a charmer?" Adam chuckles, planting a kiss on Sauli's cheek as they leave the house.

******

"Adam! Sauli! Nice to see you!" Tommy smiles widely, letting Adam and Sauli into his home.

"You too." Adam laughs, hugging Tommy.

"Everyone is outside awaiting for you two lovers." Tommy winks, Adam interlocks his hand with Sauli's, smiling as they follow Tommy to the back yard. As they walk out, people cheer and a beer is handed to Adam. All these people were some of Adam's friends from school, yet he only knew about two of them, the rest were Tommy's friends.

"Thank-you." Adam smiled at the person who handed him the beer.

"Lets get this celebration going!" Tommy yells while laughing.

About an hour in, Adam spotted Lisa, Tommy's sister, she loved Adam like he was her own brother. Adam walked over to her as Tommy and Sauli were inside, talking about somethings.

"Hey Lisa." Adam smiles, taking a drink of his beer, his second this whole time.

"Hey you!" Lisa smiles. "How are you?"

"I'm great actually, how are you?"

"I'm good, well besides having a five year old running a muck." She laughs gently, she had a daughter named Bridget, Adam always adored her but hasn't seen her in over a year.

"Haha, aren't kids great?" Adam chuckles. "How has Tommy been?"

"He has been the same old, keeping to himself mostly when he's not working at the school, but he's still the same old antisocial mouse."

"That's Tommy for you." Adam laughs. "I'm going to go find Tommy and Sauli, back in sec."

"Alright, bye." She smiles as Adam walks into the house. "Do you know where Sauli is?" Adam asks one of Tommy's friends.

"Uh, upstairs I'm pretty sure." The guy replies. Adam thanks him, walking upstairs.

Adam walked upstairs, opening Tommy's bedroom door just a bit to see if they were they but what Adam saw made his heart shatter, Tommy and Sauli were standing there, lips pressed against each other, they didn't see Adam there, they didn't know that his heart was shattering, piece by piece, he walked away, back down the stairs.

"Woah, you alright Adam?" Lisa asked as Adam accidentally bumped her.

"Yeah, I uh, need to go." Adam spoke in a hurry, leaving the house.

Sauli pushed Tommy away quick as he realised that they just kissed.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it, I don't know what came over me." Tommy spoke quickly. Sauli sat down on the bed, not knowing that Adam saw them...