3|| First Kiss

Once again I am woken up by the horrible sound of an alarm. I groan as I pick up my phone, only realising that it was an incoming call. No body ever calls me...

"Adam speaking." I groan as I sit up, I glance at the clock next to my bed, it's only 4pm? Jesus why couldn't I sleep longer?

"Adam it's Sauli." I am suddenly wide awake now. "Did I wake you? I'm sorry." He says nervously.

"No-no, it's fine, how did you get my number?" I ask as I leave my bed and head to the kitchen.

"You gave it to me on the first day." He chuckles. "I forgot to give you my number." How could I forget?

"Ah yeah, sorry, must've slipped my mind." I laugh gently as I put two pieces of bread into the toaster.

"I was just calling to see if you're okay? You haven't been at school for two days." I frown as he finishes the sentence.

"Two days? No, no, I've been asleep for what, 5 hours?" I think hard, it has been five hours. Hasn't it?

"Adam, it's Friday." He says sternly. "Have you been asleep that whole time?" I zone out completely.... "I'm on my way home, do you want me to pop in quickly?"

"Uh... Yeah, I'll text you my address." I say in a hurry as I walk back to my room. "I gotta go, see you in a bit." I say, hanging up. I look around my room but then I see it...

The bottle of pills... I tried to kill myself.

••••
I haven't moved since I saw the bottle. I had tried to kill myself, fell asleep and woke up... I failed. Why could I not remember?
I see my phone light up to see a text from Sauli;

-S- 'I'm just around the corner.'

-A- Door is unlocked, just let yourself in.

I throw my phone onto my bed, not moving. I should really clean up my rubbish dump of a room, but my energy was just gone. I couldn't move without it feeling like I'm moving a fucking car.

"Adam?" I hear Sauli's voice as the front door shut.

"Upstairs." I yell, his footsteps come closer and closer until I see him standing at the door way, he was wearing a black coat with black skinny jeans and a plain black shirt. "Whose funeral? Hah, would've been mine."

"Are you okay? What happened?" He asked in a panic, crouching down to my level.

"I uh-" I glance at the bottles. "I know why I was asleep for two days." I put my head down in shame.

"Oh, Adam." He says quietly, pulling me into a hug. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up." He helps me to my feet, sitting me down on the bed. I watch as he picks up the remainder of the pills.

"You don't have to help me, Sauli." I speak as he puts the pills into the bin next to my dresser.

"I don't have to but I am." He smiles faintly as he sits next to me. "Have you eaten?" He asks.

"Oh shit." I yell suddenly as I bolt down the stairs to the kitchen. I press a button on the toaster, bringing up two servilely burnt pieces of toast. I laugh as I place them into the bin. "Can't even cook toast." I chuckle as I face Sauli.

"Are you hungry? I could make something for you." He smiles. I slide to the floor, leaning my back against the cupboard and bringing my knees to my chest.

"I haven't been shopping in a month." I sigh. He sits down next to me.

"Do you like pizza? Chinese?" He asks as he pulls out his phone.

"Pizza." I whisper softly. A smile appears on his face as he dials the pizza place. As he's talking, his hand stays on my knee, as if he was reassuring me.

"Done." He smiles as he puts his phone back into his pocket. "I'm not leaving you until I know you're okay."

I look deep into his blue eyes and I swear I could see them glimmer. He really means it, doesn't he? Of course not. He wouldn't.
But what if he is what I need, to repair myself.
He's lying to you. He doesn't care.

"Go away!" I shout suddenly, making Sauli jump. "N-not you, Sauli." I speak I look at him. "The voices." I whisper as I look down.

"It's okay, Addy. No matter what you say, I'll be here by your side." He grins. Addy?

I study his facial expression, trying to find a hint of a lie. But there is none. He places his hands on each side of my cheeks, kissing me softly.

I'm falling for him...