19|| Arguments Part 1

It had been almost two weeks since Adam released his first song, everyone loved it, well Adam hoped they love it.

"Adam!" Sauli called out, walking into the kitchen with an envelope with Adam's name written on it. "It's from Michael." He smiled, handing the letter to Adam, Sauli has been by Adam's side by day one, he was the one who convinced Adam to follow a career with his voice, but he wasn't so sure if it was such a good idea, he heard about all those celebrities that turn into complete dicks after they reach fame... Adam wouldn't be that person, would he?

"Holy shit." Adam laughed, looking up at Sauli. "I've reached number 2 on the US charts!" Adam smiled, he felt like a weight had been lifted, the weight of self doubt.

"Oh, my god, Addy! That's amazing! What did I tell you, hmm?" Sauli laughed happily, hugging Adam tightly. "I told you that they'll love you!"

"I feel so good right now, it's unbelievable that people have actually downloaded my song and are listening to it!" Adam took a deep breath in to avoid over excitement.

"One of those people happen to me." Sauli smirks. "So, how did Tommy go?" Sauli questions, getting a glass of water. Adam had found out by Lisa that Tommy was a guitar player and bass player, so Adam asked for his help and wanted to know if he would like to be Adam's main guitarist, Tommy agreed due to the fact that he wasn't getting much work at the school anymore.

"Tommy went amazing, they all loved his performance." Adam smiled.

"What happens when you go on tours? Will I come?" Sauli questions, keeping his low to hide the fact that he was hurting, he won't be able to be alone without Adam.

"Babe, it's a bit early to be thinking about that, don't you think?"

"I know, but what happens when you do go on tour in the future? Will I just be left behind?" Sauli could feel the walls that kept his emotions locked away collapsing, he could feel them falling brick by brick. He felt weak, selfish even for saying this. "Don't worry. " He whispered. "I'll get used to it."

"I am not leaving you behind, why would you think that?" Adam frowns, he had no idea where all of this was coming from... Was he afraid? Afraid of losing control? Sauli has always been the one to be strong, to mask his feelings away into the deepest part of his body, but now it was emerging from the dark and into the light.

"It was a stupid question, let me just be happy for you and your achievements." Sauli spoke, sarcasm on the tip of his tounge.

"What has gotten into you lately? All you seem to do is snap at me!"

"What has gotten into me!? You are the one who is going to make it big, you will find someone better than me and then forget all about me! That's how it goes, right?"

"This was YOUR idea, you suggested I do this!"

"Oh, so now it's all my fault? You didn't even deny that you'll find someone better, you didn't even deny that you will leave and forget all about me." Sauli scoffed, pushing past Adam.

"There will never be anyone like you, Sauli. You're the only one I want, the only one I need!" Adam yells as Sauli makes his way upstairs. He pulls out a suitcase, shoving clothes in it. "Where are you going?" Adam frowns, he could feel the tears coming up, threatening t0 spill.

"You say that now, Adam, but we all know that you will find someone along the line, someone way better than me." Sauli speaks, Adam could tell his voice was about to break, he was about to cry...

"No, I will NEVER find someone like you!" Adam cries. "Please, don't leave."

"I think it's best we just take some time apart, to cool both our heads, all we do is argue and yell at each other." Sauli zips up the suitcase, dragging it downstairs.

"I don't want you to go, Sauli... Please don't leave." Adam pleads, following him to the front door. Sauli kissed him on the cheek.

"I'm sorry, Adam. It's only for a day or two and then I'll be back."

"Can you at least tell me where you're going?"

"Finland... Home."

"How do I know you'll return? How do I know you won't just leave and never come back?" Adam speaks, his eyes getting blurry, the tears were coming...

"Because I love you, Adam, I promise, two days and I'll be back." Sauli sighs, looking down. Adam couldn't understand why he was doing this, did he say something wrong? Was he not doing enough to make him happy?

Just like that, the front door shut and Adam was left alone, his body felt numb and emotionless, the tears fell and so did Adam, he fell to the floor, sobbing. He won't be back... He finally realized that Adam was no good and finally left... How could someone just leave? Leave and only 'promise' they'll return? Adam had heard the word promise way too many times and it broke his heart to know that the promise probably won't be kept...