37|| Lets Get Married

As the music blared through the house, Adam sat outside on the lawn, admiring the moon and stars. He wasn't drunk, but he was defiently tispy, he took a drink from his beer and sighed.

"So this is where you're hiding." Sauli spoke softly, sitting down next to Adam on the grass. "Why are you out here by yourself?"

"Just needed to go somewhere quiet." Adam chuckles softly.

"well, guess what?" Sauli smirks. "Tommy and Allison are getting all cosy with each other."

Adam laughs. "Thought they would." He rests his hand on Sauli's leg. "I really love you, Sauli."

"And I really love you." Sauli replies, kissing Adam on the lips. "Wanna come back inside?"

Adam nods. "Yeah." He goes to stand up, but as he stood, he went sideways and fell on his ass. He started laughing.

"How much have you had to drink?" Sauli laughs softly, helping Adam up.

"Didn't feel like that much, don't feel drink." Adam groans. "But now I do." Sauli laughs as he helps Adam inside. Once they're in, Adam grabs another beer. "Tommy!" Adam beams, lifting Tommy from the couch.

"Are you drunk?" Tommy speaks, concern in his voice as he sends a concerned look, when Adam is drunk it is like walking on a mine-field, one wrong step could send him off. "I think you've had enough!" Tommy speaks loudly over the music.

"I think you need more in you!" He beams, Tommy frowns. He wasn't drunk like Adam, but he defiantly did a have quiet a few.

"I'm being serious, Adam. No more drinks!" Tommy scolds, Adam's smile disappeared.

"Okay, okay!" Adam sighs, giving in. He put the beer on the table and sat next to Allison. His head was spinning. "Hey, Allison have you and Tommy kissed yet?" Adam hiccups, Tommy frowns.

"Adam!" He snaps. Adam groans, standing to his feet. "Enough."

"That's okay, I need air anyway." Adam growls, walking past everyone and out the back door.

As Adam leaves, Tommy walks up to Sauli, pushing his way through the crowd.

"Has Adam taken his medication lately?" Tommy sighs, getting a glass of water for Adam.

"I presume so, he hasn't been feeling down?" Sauli replies as they walk out the back, trying to find Adam.

"If you knew Adam like I do, you'll be able to sense when he hasn't, even if he fools you with a smile. He doesn't act like this while he's drunk."

"I do know Adam like you do." Sauli frowns.

"No, you really don't." Tommy sighs, getting annoyed that they can't find Adam. Tommy goes back inside to find Lisa. He sees her talking to Allison and if he wasn't so worried about Adam's disappearance, he'd wonder what Lisa would be telling Allison. "Lisa! Ally!" Tommy calls out, grabbing their attention.

"What's up, TJ?" Lisa asks as she takes a drink.

"Have you seen Adam?"

"Thought he went out the back?" Lisa frowns.

"He's not out there." Tommy groans, turning off the music, getting everyone's attention. "Has anyone seen Adam? He's 6ft and wearing all black, not very hard to miss!"

"Tommy, his car's gone." Sauli says quickly, Tommy bolts out of the house and to the drive-way, every car, but Adam's was in sight.  "What are you doing Adam?" Tommy whispers softly to himself, running his hands through his hair.

****
"I can be myself without being held down!" Adam spoke aloud. "I can make my own *hiccup* decisions without having someone *hiccup* telling me what to do." He spoke again, turning down a small drive-way.

He turned off the ignition to his car, slamming the door shut loudly and stumbling towards a single tombstone.

"Hi, dad." Adam sighed. "I know you're probably looking down on me and thinking how stupid of me for getting this drunk. But please, don't hate me. Sauli and Tommy should be hating me, I haven't taken my medication that keeps me in place for the past 2 days." Adam took a deep breath in. "I know I promised I'd get better, but, I just don't see myself getting better. I think I am so used of the empty feeling and being so numb, that whenever I feel something real, it makes me scared. I think I'd prefer to be mentally damaged because at least then I'd have control over what I do... I can't control feeling happy or in love... I want to marry Sauli but I am so scared of him rejecting me, dad." Adam wiped away a stray tear that fell down his cheek.

"What makes you think I'll reject you?" Sauli's voice suddenly spoke, making Adam jump to his feet.

"Because even Tommy said, it's only been two months, I need to wait a bit longer."

"Adam, why don't we get married?" Sauli says softly. "We've just been off and on this past year, it's not like we've only known each other for 2 months."

"You really want to do this?" Adam's face lights up as he smiles a bit.

"Of fucking course I want to. You're all I want and I want to marry you!" Sauli chuckles.  "But you can't take off like that again, Adam. You scared the fuck out of us."

"I'm sorry." Adam sighed. "How did you know I was here?"

"I had a feeling you would see your dad, you haven't since the funeral."

"Yeah.. Did you hear much?" Adam bites his lip, hoping Sauli didn't actually hear anything else.

"Only the last bit." Sauli lies. He wants Adam to tell him when he's ready, not when he's forced to.

"Okay." Adam smiles gently, hugging him tightly. "I love you."

"I love you too, now lets head home where it's warm and so everyone can stop worrying." Sauli's smiles softly, kissing Adam's lips.