2|| Self Destruction

As Adam placed his keys down on the kitchen counter, he threw himself on the couch face first, groaning into the pillow his face landed on.

"What is wrong with me." Adam screamed into it, he was falling for Sauli and it was only the first day. Adam couldn't develop some school boy crush on a student teacher. He was not much older than Sauli but it was still very unprofessional. And besides, he leaves at the end of this term...

Adam rolled over, staring at his ceiling. The worst part is, Sauli is probably straight, he probably doesn't like men... But his eyes.. His hair.. Adam shook off the thoughts. He needed to rid himself of these thoughts and memories lingering in his mind and alcohol is the only thing that could make that happen.

Adam stood to his feet, putting a Queen C.D in his stereo, putting the volume loud but not too loud. He walked into his kitchen, taking out a bottle of vodka. He decided to just have it straight instead of mixing it with any drinks.
He lays back down on the couch taking small drinks at first.

"Cheers to fucking up." Adam spoke out loud to himself.

*****
Adam woke up the next morning to the shrill sound of his alarm clock going off. He pressed snooze, throwing his phone, sending it smashing against the lounge room wall.
Adam stood, his head thumped and he swayed as he stood. He had a major hangover...
"Could call in sick." Adam thought to himself. "No, it is too late to call in sick, I'll have to deal with my hangover."

He walked upstairs to his bedroom, stripping off his clothes and getting into the warm shower. As he washed his hair, he thought about how today would go, he has a speech to say in assembly... He turns off the tap, stepping out from the shower, he grabbed a towel, wrapping it around his waist. He suddenly got a stinging feeling coming from his left arm... He looked down to see several red and angry cuts...

"What the fuck?" Adam almost yelled. He doesn't remember doing this, he must've done it when he was drunk.

He searched around his vanity cabinet until he found a bandage, he wrapped it around his arm, hissing at the pain.
He walked back into his room, pulling out another work suit, he looked at the time to see it was only 6:30, he still had half an hour. He put the suit on, not put on the jacket as it was a warm day, he rolled up his sleeves of his white suit shirt, showing off his tattoos and bandage.

He applied some eyeliner, fixing his hair so it wasn't a mess, put his stretchers in his ears and left the room, going outside to his car.

*****
Adam walked into his classroom, coffee in hand along with his laptop, Sauli was already there, walking around the class checking on students. "Why is he so perfect..?" Adam sighed. "No, stop, Adam. It's no use."

"Mr Lambert, didn't think you'll show up." Sauli spoke, tearing Adam from his thoughts, the thoughts that were killing him inside.

"Uh sorry, traffic was a bitch." He spoke nervously, walking to the front of class. "Everyone I didn't get a chance to mark your homework from last night but from the help of Mr Koskinen, I was able to mark some." Adam spoke once again, trying not to slur his words.

"Are you okay, Mr Lambert?" One student, Kyle asked. Adam kept his stare to the ground.

"I'm fine, please everyone hand your homework up from last night." Adam sighed, Sauli collected everyone's homework, about 5 people didn't complete it. "Now, I told you that it would be detention after school for not completely your homework, so for the ones who didn't, please stay in after class."

"But sir, I had a family emergency last night, I wasn't able to finish it." One girl spoke. Adam hit his hand on the table hard, making a loud thud, making some students jump.

"Then you do it in the morning before school! A warning for being late is better than detention! I do not tolerate excuses!" Adam yelled. The room fell with a silence. Adam never got angry with the students. "Please excuse me for a moment." Adam spoke before leaving the classroom.

Sauli stood, wondering what had just happened, it not only scared the students, but himself...

"Please bring out your text books, we'll be learning the importance of Algebra and it's uses you'll need later in life." Sauli spoke, awaiting Adam's return.

Adam gripped the bathroom sink tightly until he could see his knuckles turning white. He didn't mean to yell, something in him just snapped...
He stared into his reflection, seeing nothing but darkness staring him back, judging him, mocking him. Out of anger, he punched the mirror, sending tiny fragments of glass over the floor and into his hand.

"Fuck." Adam whispered as he washed away the blood. He heard the bathroom door open and close, with a click out, indicating that the door had been locked.

"Are you okay?" The voice spoke, Sauli.

"I'm perfectly fine." Adam spoke through gritted teeth, yet his voice proved different.

"I don't believe that for a second." Sauli spoke calmly. "How do you expect me to believe that when you have a bleeding knuckle and a shattered mirror right in front of my eyes?"

"Believe it, Sauli because I know it's true!" Adam spat. Not in anger, but in total sadness.

"I can smell the liquor on your breath just from standing here, you should go home, rest up, I have the class under control."

"I do not need your help, I have this under control! I am not incapable of doing this!" Adam spoke, unclear of his words.

"Your wrist." Sauli sighed. "It's bleeding through your bandage." Adam's eyes shot down to his once white bandage where the broken memories lay beneath it.

"It's nothing, it'll go away." Adam snapped, rolling his sleeve down. He felt the warm embrace of Sauli's hand on his, Adam's eyes were met with beautiful blue ones.

"Let me help you, Adam." He spoke sternly. Adam hissed at pain as Sauli washed away the blood from the wound, sending it spiralling down the drain. "They're not too deep, don't need stitches." Sauli spoke soft this time. Genuine.

"Thanks." Adam whispered.

"Go home, Adam, you're not well, you need rest before you snap at another student."

"That seems best." Adam sighed, collecting the bandage and wrapping it around his wrist once again.

"And Adam?" Sauli spoke as he went to open the door. Adam turned, seeing a smiling Sauli. "I'm always here for you, you know that?" He smiled. Adam left the bathroom without a word, leaving Sauli alone.

Sauli leaned up against the bathroom wall, sighing as he smiled to himself.

"I really like that man." He whispered as he collected his thoughts, leaving the bathroom.