17|| Getting Accepted & Back To LA

"Hello Mr Lambert." Michael, the record manager spoke, shaking Adam's hand as he took a seat.

"Please, call me Adam." Adam smiles warmly.

"Well, Adam, I have some great news for you." Michael grinned. "Other managers and myself listened to your song, and I have to say, we were astonished, we have never heard a voice like yours."

Adam breathed out relieved. "Really?" He laughs shakily.

"We would like you on board, let us know when you're ready to work and we can head back to LA to set it up there, if you'd like?"

"I would love that." Adam smiled, standing at the same time as Michael, they shook hands again.

"Great, I have booked your ticket for you and your partner, you two leave tomorrow morning 7am and then I will give you a call then." Michael smiled as he walked out the room with Adam.

"Thank you, thank you so much!" Adam spoke happily.

"Not a problem, have a safe flight." They wave goodbye and Adam walks out of the big building to see Sauli standing there, waiting for him.

"How'd you go?" Sauli smiled, embracing Adam into a hug.

"He said that his managers and himself have never heard a voice like mine, we have a flight back to LA tomorrow morning and he'll give me a call when we land." Adam smiles excited.

"What did I tell you?! I said they'll love you!" Sauli laughs as they enter the rental car, going to the hotel.

"I was so nervous, I was afraid." Adam laughs nervously. "But I'm so glad they liked my vocals."

"We all know it's your eyeliner." Sauli winked, making Adam burst out laughing. "But in all seriousness, I'm so glad they loved you!"

The car fell with a silence while they were stopped at the traffic lights. Adam took in a deep breath.

"Hey, Sauli, I was thinking about something." He says, the light turns green and they move.

"Uh oh." Sauli chuckles. "What is it?"

"When we get back to LA, I'm going to get professional help."

"If that's what you want, babe." Sauli smiles.

"It's not what I want but it's what I need. I don't like feeling like this anymore." Adam sighed as they pulled into the carpark.

"I don't like seeing you like this."

"I only have one exception." Adam spoke, getting out of the car. "You let me help you, no pushing me away."

"Adam, I don't need help." Sauli sighed as they got into the elevator.

"That's what I said." Adam chuckled as they got off the elevator, getting into their room.

"Adam, I'm serious." Sauli groans.

"So am I!" Adam frowns. "Why aren't you taking me serious?"

"Doesn't even matter." Sauli speaks, walking to the bathroom.

"Why won't you let me help?" Adam raised his voice a bit, but not too much.

"I don't need it!" Sauli snapped. Adam got confused, why was he acting like this?

"What is wrong with you? I'm trying to help!" Adam snapped back.

"There is nothing wrong with me! I am perfectly fine, Adam."

"That's funny because your actions speak louder than those fake motherfucking words leaving your lips." Adam was getting frustrated with Sauli's attitude. "If you feel weak, don't."

"It's not that!" Sauli groaned, rubbing his temples. "I just can't handle being pestered by a doctor."

Adam frowned. "You hypocrite." He snapped. "You basically demanded I go to a doctor yet you can't?"

"Adam, can we please just drop it? I hate fighting and I'm tried."

"No, we are not dropping this, why can't you handle a doctor?"

"BECAUSE I WAS BEATEN TO NEAR DEATH AND THEY DID FUCKING NOTHING!" Sauli screamed, Adam stepped back as he saw Sauli's upset/angry side for the first time, he wasn't as hot headed as Adam but boy did he pack a punch of verbal anger. "They did nothing but pester me about how it was 'normal' for my father to beat me, they didn't even let me call the police because they were on my father's side!"

"Sa-Sauli... I didn't know." Adam stumbled with his words.

"Yeah, you didn't, so please just fucking drop it." Sauli groaned, walking out to the balcony. Adam thought it'd be best to leave him so he can cool down, all they have been doing lately is argue....

***********

The whole flight back to LA was in an uncomfortable silence. Neither Adam nor Sauli knew what to say after last nights incident... They were now on their way home. They arrive in the drive-way to see Tommy's car there, Sauli was first to get out, walking away fast. Adam groaned as he followed.

"Adam!" Tommy laughed, hugging him. "What'd you do to Sauli?" He asked as he looked at Adam nervously.

"Don't worry." Adam sent him a reassuring smile. "Just a small argument we had."

"Alright, I gotta go, I'll pop round later to ask how England went." Tommy smiles.

"That's all good, TJ, seeya." Adam smiled, shutting the front door behind Tommy. "So you going to talk to me or continue with the silent treatment?" Adam asked Sauli who was sitting on the couch, while Adam got a beer from the fridge.

"You haven't said anything to me, I was assuming you were giving me the silent treatment." Sauli chuckled.

"Well, after last nights' argument, I just thought... Ya know." Adam spoke nervously, sitting down next to Sauli.

"I didn't mean to go off like I did, guess we can both be hotheads, hey." Sauli laughed gently. "Look, we'll just forget it happened." Adam snuggled into Sauli's side.

"Yeah." He spoke, but he made sure Sauli didn't see the look on his face, the face of sadness...