Chapter 8 | I run to You

Start from the beginning

He just watched her preparing her toast and glass of milk with coffee.
He really didn't know what to say.

"How did you go home last night?"

"Oh so now you care?"

"Emma-"

"Just get out of here."

"I'm sorry. Emma. You have no idea how bad I'm feeling right now. I was stupid last night. I saw Milah- my ex. You have no idea how much I just want to punch myself-"

"Oh I'd gladly do that for you."

He sighed.

"Good thing I don't care about how you feel." He heard her mumbling and it pretty much hurt him.
He felt like his heart was on fire, burning and aching like it was going to fly out of his chest.

"Do you have any painkillers?" He asked, really lowly, afraid of speaking.

"Why don't you ask her?"

"Look, seriously I know I did wrong, now what's your damn problem? You can stop hitting me with your words! I already understood I did wrong! Stop bloody pressuring me!"

"Oh so I'm the one who should feel sorry now? Who left me last night? It wasn't me! It was you! You!"

"I already got it now can you please fucking forgive me and move on?! Geez Emma!"

She stared at him in disbelief.
Killian was showing a side of his that she never thought she'd see in him.

"You're used to people forgiving you just like that, a blink of eyes, right? Guess you made friends with the wrong girl."

It appears she was finally ready to eat her breakfast so she just sat there, ignoring his figure that stood right next to her table just watching her in silence.

She wanted him to leave so badly.
She didn't know how he could do it all this long - not looking at her.
He kept his eyes down, focused and lost at the same time in their marble kitchen island.

She just told herself to keep her eyes on her bread and milk. The urge to look at him was too big. Too hard to resist.

"I should go." she heard him mutter.

"Yeah you should." she told him dryly, and she knew it hurt him. She liked that it hurt him.

She wanted to hurt him like he hurt her.

She watched him leave, leather jacket in his hand. She also heard his car starting and the sound becoming each time lower.

"Emma.... You're up already..." Olivia appeared right in front of her like nothing had happened last night. "Where's Killian?"

"Already left."

---

The next week was about ignoring him and her. Yes because Olivia was all over hills about him.
Though if she didn't see it, then she was really dumb.

He was completely sick of her.
She didn't understand the fact that she had been only a distraction for a night.

"You'll just keep avoiding him?" Elsa would ask.

"Yup." She said and walked away.

She was tired of him.
Tired of these childish actions.

Why do some people just stop growing?

There would always be people more forward than others. She considered herself one of those.
She kinda felt special. Like she'd revolutionize this world, this humanity.

But that was a silly thought. She was as ordinary as the others.
We always tend to think we're special, when the truth is: we're all small.

That Friday evening, at english class, he sat next to her without even letting her say a word.

"What?" He blurted out when he noticed the look on her face. "You run away, I run to you."

She sighed, preparing her things to start the class. This wasn't the first time he was doing this.
She never knew how she'd be able to concentrate with him right next to her.
The atmosphere was just too tense between the two.

"You're not gonna say anything? You don't wanna... confess your crush? Tell me about that hottie new guy?" And then he'd always tease her. Something that made her wishing she could just shut him up once and for all.

"Okay so this term's project is about telling and being understood. I want the group to pick a book that you've all read. Then," there were groans all around the room. "Your partner will have to pretend to be you, to think like you. So when I ask you about it, you'll answer what you think your partner would answer. Wait how many are you?"

"18, I guess." Elsa replied.

"Okay so 9 pairs is good."

The sound of people talking from all around the classroom started and Emma just waited to be picked.
It was their first time picking groups, she didn't know how it would go.

"There's no need to all this confusion. I think your places is good to form groups. It's balanced." Mrs Blanchard said.

Shit.
Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

They were both sitting in the same table. Well, they, and Ariel - a girl she hadn't really talked yet.

It's pairs. Please make it Ariel and him. Please make it Ariel and him.

"Miss Blanchard we're three here?" Ariel asked.

"Oh you can stay with Eric." She answered pointing with her finger to the other trio table backwards.

"Someone can't run now." He said, bringing his arms to the back of his head in a relaxing position.
She could already feel Olivia's eyes burning a hole on her head from the back. Emma just sighed and let her forehead fall on her notebook that was in front of her on the table.

| So I wanted Killian to have some issues as well... And I can tell you I have more in store to his family...

*malefic laugh*|